Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone bought live points from InstantXboxCards.com

• 19-06-2009 2:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭

Bought 4200 points for around 38 euro. Paid for on paypal. Site in their FAQ says delivery takes 10 minutes but instead I get an automated email to say my order is in the queue for approval. Apparently they said on the email they vet orders now in conjunction with paypal to cut down on fraud. So I needed to confirm by email I placed the order with them, which I did. That was 4 hours ago. I assume the delay is over the time difference, being an American site. But you'd think they'd update the faq and maybe even change their name as they sure as hell aren't instant. Annoying to say the least. Anyone have any dealings with them ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

You sure the points will work on a European account?

Similar thing happened to me with instantlivecodes.com, supposed to be instant and i hadn't received my code after 4 days after a similar excuse from them about fraud prevention. If they haven't sorted you out soon just open a dispute with Paypal and they'll give you a refund or the code straight away as they won't want the bad rep! (worked for me!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Yep. the card I bought is advertised as EU only.

I'll give them till say 6pm this evening and then email them. If no reply by Monday, I'll take your advice.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

Did you get it in the end?

Anyone know a place online that accepts maestro/laser?
    Or am I better off using retail stores.

Also where is the cheapest place online for European codes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I get my points and membership form here https://www.gamepointsnow.com/

I got my code in an email instantly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

brav wrote: »
    Did you get it in the end?

Anyone know a place online that accepts maestro/laser?
    Or am I better off using retail stores.

Also where is the cheapest place online for European codes?

Yeah..it took 6 hours. Worked fine. But they didn't reply to my email when I asked why they are advertising on their site InstantXboxCards which they claim are given out in 10 minutes. I know they have a FAQ up about fraud and reviewing orders for this which has introduced delays. Won't be buying there again.

Got 4200 points in Gamestop yesterday for 45 euro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Exact same happened to me. Although it took them an hour to confirm my details and email the points, after they'd taken my money.

Compared to Gamestop it still represents a saving of seven euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭steve927

www.jasper1675.com FTW

Used him 4 times and perfect service every time.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Guys just go
    http://www.sendit.com/sendit/10021725.product

works out cheaper than any of those dodgy sites and it's free delivery.

Sendit are a reputable company, why risk dealing with these guys who run a business from their bedrooms?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 krapkirton

I bought some points last week from instantxboxcodes and the codes that they sent me had already been used.

Im nearly a week in now and still no code they are choosing to ignore my emails and i have emailed a question from another email account and it was answered in just under an hour.

Paypal are not intrested because they cannot prove the code was used before i had it.

Buyer beware!

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Liathroidi Dana

Live-codes have always worked for me.
    Only 5-10 secs wait time for email.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Massive +1 for those guys , and you don't exaggerate about the wait time it's practically instant !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Gamepoints now has been a favourite of mine for a while now, good prices (especially with Sterling conversion rate at the moment) very quick delivery by e-mail and they have payment options for Paypal, Google Checkout and Credit Card.

Also, if you use the promo code "NTSC-UK" you get an extra 50p off the price of your purchase. As the wise philospher once said 'Every little helps ...' :pac:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

creggy wrote: »
    I get my points and membership form here https://www.gamepointsnow.com/

I got my code in an email instantly.
    Just used these - paid using Google checkout and got all three emails (two from Google and one with the code) together.

Might I recommend to the mods that this thread (or a similar one) be made into a sticky?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭beardo81

Just used live codes now too, super quick and great price!

Oh and i second the motion to sticky this for codes and Live membership, saves people good money Mods!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 backe

Just used game points now as well almost instant response would definitely recommend them well

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭pukeohontas

+1 for these guys. i bought 4200 for around 39 euro. got code in ten minutes. i heartily recommend them.

Advertisement