Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small area of land - value?

Options
  • 19-06-2009 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭

Afternoon all,

At the rear of my house is a piece of land,

its sandwiched between my house and a ditch/field owned by a third person. its totally land locked and useless to anyone but me. the land is about 10 sq meters. i want to buy it and the builder who owns it said to get it surveyed and make him an offer.

can anyone give me an idea how much i should offer?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Eglinton

jetski wrote: »
    Afternoon all,

At the rear of my house is a piece of land,

its sandwiched between my house and a ditch/field owned by a third person. its totally land locked and useless to anyone but me. the land is about 10 sq meters. i want to buy it and the builder who owns it said to get it surveyed and make him an offer.

can anyone give me an idea how much i should offer?

Like you say, it sounds pretty useless to anyone but you (except maybe the 3rd party??). That's a tiny area. In my opinion the survey would probably cost more than the land is really worth. But more than likely as is usual in this country, the builder will probably expect a hefty fee because hey, it's land! I wouldn't pay more than a few hundred euro to be honest. Sounds low, but really, what use is it. Go in low, real low.

Advertisement