Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SLEEPING PROBLEMS

Options
  • 19-06-2009 3:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭

Hi all,

Just wondering if you all have any tips or info that i could use with my problem

My youngest now will be 2 few months time and he just started to climb over the cot when i put him to sleep.
    Everytime i put him back in , he jumps out and comes out of the room. I repeat the excerise (say nothing, pick him up, avoid eye contact and put him his cot) but same time he come out of the cot and out of the room.
    He is very tired.

The only was to get him to sleep was to sit in his room with and he be asleep after 10-15mins

So i want to know, i'm i giving in to him to stay in the room or is that no no for putting childrens to bed????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Time to move him into a bed?
    And yes when my yougest was two I had to stay in the room with her and rub her back until she fell asleep, was just how it went.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭Dylan69

Moving him to a bed isn't a problem really ,just that we want to know how far and long do we stick with the plan of staying in the room until they fall asleep. We never had this problem with the first one.

I suppose the oldest won't be too happy now that he has to share a room.lol :p

Started last monday and now the youngest, jumps out of bed at 6am and wake the oldest and both of them end up in our bed!!!:mad: playing , sleeping and talking!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

Dylan69 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just wondering if you all have any tips or info that i could use with my problem

My youngest now will be 2 few months time and he just started to climb over the cot when i put him to sleep.
    Everytime i put him back in , he jumps out and comes out of the room. I repeat the excerise (say nothing, pick him up, avoid eye contact and put him his cot) but same time he come out of the cot and out of the room.
    He is very tired.

The only was to get him to sleep was to sit in his room with and he be asleep after 10-15mins

So i want to know, i'm i giving in to him to stay in the room or is that no no for putting childrens to bed????
    It takes me at least 20 mins of bedtime stories to get my little one to relax as a routine for bedtime. After she picks out her 'two' books for reading I read them to her then she gets a 'tuck in' and a big hug for 'night night' at the end of the stories.

If she is overtired she calls out and plays it out for about an hour and I have to go in for regular hugs and 'night night' stuff. Eventually she falls asleep. Tis all about bedtime habits and routine. It has worked well for me thus far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

Dylan69 wrote: »
    Moving him to a bed isn't a problem really ,just that we want to know how far and long do we stick with the plan of staying in the room until they fall asleep. We never had this problem with the first one.

I suppose the oldest won't be too happy now that he has to share a room.lol :p

Started last monday and now the youngest, jumps out of bed at 6am and wake the oldest and both of them end up in our bed!!!:mad: playing , sleeping and talking!!!
    That is life. Kids will wake up at the dawn of light and will be awake and full of energy, get used to it. I havent, my little one wakes me and she is full of chat before I wake up. I miss my days of lie ins on the weekends *sob.

Sorry to say it but my child has taken away my lazy days. Oh well that is life and that is kids. I so appreciate my parents now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 CormacKidsTunes

Can you adjust the mattress of the cot? Is it at its lowest setting?

If it is I'd just put up with the sitting with him for a while. Seems to me like you don't really have any choice

• Advertisement
Advertisement