Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Footwear

• 19-06-2009 3:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭

Hey.. looking for advice on footwear...

Have played bball with clubs years ago and have gotten back into it recently..

Love the sport and apart from the usual aches due to poor fitness I am getting serious pains right across the arches to the outsides of my feet. I used to play in any oul pair of tackies and was fine...

anyone experienced this problem before and could anyone recommend any decent footwear?? Like the rest of the country, I'm on a budget!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Vinnie K

The new Lebron soldier iii were voted the best in the nba at the moment, ive bought them off ebay but haven't got them yet, im playing in a pair of And1 trainers at the moment and i couldn't fault them, got them on Abbey st from the American clothing place there, there And1 me8's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

The most popular shoe right now in the nba is the nike hyperdunk. It is by far nikes best basketball shoe ever.. very durable/lightweight/supportive and it comes in lots of colours.

But of course my fav shoe is the air jordan.. Been wearing them since my dad bought me the air jordan 1 when i was a kid. And just picked up my latest in paris for €40 the ajf5 in the black/red colourway.. Lovely shoe.

As for you budget defo try ebay.

As for your foot arch problem get some decent insteps my friend had same problem and went doctor she set him up with proper ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

What brand shoes have you tried? It depends what sort of foot you have. I find Nike to be too narrow as I've a wide foot.

I've tried them all from converse, And1, reebok, Nike, Adidas and probably 1 or 2 more. I found Adidas to be the most comfortable for me and if I can, I'll always buy a pair of Adidas Crazy 8's.

Advertisement