Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magnets instead of piercings

• 19-06-2009 3:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭

Thought this might be of interest to some, maybe people wanting to see what a piercing would look like, or temporary ones, or an alternative for kids whose parents do not want them pierced.

You can get really strong ball magnets here,
    http://www.dealextreme.com/products.dx/category.1105

& here

http://www.supermagnete.de/eng/

they are so strong they can attract and hold each other through skin. They have different ratings of strength, some are incredibly strong and could attract metal through the skin, or you could attach a small magnet to a metal object. The fact they attract means they do pull on the skin, like a normal piercing might, rather than say gluing a sphere onto your skin!

these are all the same one.
    0698.jpg

0393.jpg

1610.jpg

I had the 6mm spheres and could attract through my ear or eyebrow. The supermagnet site has really strong ones.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Although I couldn't see a lot here going for this, I think it's pretty damn cool :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Fake magnetic piercings have been around a good while. Me and my friends used to stick them on our noses. Classy girls we were...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭-lala-

Gauge wrote: »
    Fake magnetic piercings have been around a good while. Me and my friends used to stick them on our noses. Classy girls we were...

Yeah, Claire's Accessories used to have them back in my day, and possibly still do. I did find they used to hurt my ears quite a bit after a while though.

I don't really see the point of them other than for kids who want to look like they have a piercing, but sure, each to their own! I think it is probably quite a good alternative for kids who want a piercing though, as it might prevent them from rebelling and getting pierced in some horrible, dirty, unhygienic place (or at least hold them off for a while!).

• Registered Users Posts: 43 senape

I can't imagine sticking magnet up my nose i'd be afraid i'd snort it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭-lala-

senape wrote: »
    I can't imagine sticking magnet up my nose i'd be afraid i'd snort it!

Yeah, I seem to remember the Claire's ones carrying a warning to that effect. I don't imagine it would be a pleasant experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 Cabal

Holy hell! A magnet that strong could be really bad for you. I wouldn't want to be keeping it on me for very long!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Gauge wrote: »
    Fake magnetic piercings have been around a good while. Me and my friends used to stick them on our noses. Classy girls we are...
    hee hee.

Meh i wouldn be arsed, overpriced magnets to take money off parents is all

Advertisement