Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subscribe With Laser?

Options
  • 19-06-2009 3:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭

Is it possible to subscribe by laser yet? Or can this be done? I subscribed last time with 3v vouchers but they ran out & I'm not allowed a credit card.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

WindSock wrote: »
    Is it possible to subscribe by laser yet? Or can this be done? I subscribed last time with 3v vouchers but they ran out & I'm not allowed a credit card.

I'd love this as an option also. Subscription is about to run out. :eek:

Credit cards are dangerous. I'd rather not spend money I don't have.

Aside from Laser, is there other ways of paying, bank transfer, money order etc? I realise this increases the administration a fair bit though so it might rule those options out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I want to give you my money boards.ie, why won't you taaake it. Whyyyyyyy?

+ my message inbox is full. I want moer space plz.

I want to give you my money boards.ie, why won't you taaake it. Whyyyyyyy?

+ my message inbox is full. I want moer space plz.

Yeah, me too.

And look

<<
    My tagline is gone!! How am I supposed to tell people I'm better than them now?

Ron DMC wrote: »
    <<
    My tagline is gone!! How am I supposed to tell people I'm better than them now?

Well if you truly are better, you don't need to tell anyone ;)

I do though : (

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

DooM also desires the ability to subscribe via the lazerness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Download your PMs and e-mail them to yourself. That way you have a permanent record of them.

I'd love to be able to subscribe by laser too though.
    I refuse to get a credit card on the basis that I would just buy everything I saw advertised and would end up in debt.

Thanks Terry. I can't be arsed to do that though, I'd rather throw my money at it.

Thanks Terry. I can't be arsed to do that though, I'd rather throw my money at it.
    Well that is the best way to sort a problem. :)

/ throws Terry some spare change

/ throws Terry some spare change
    That's me gone for a while.
    Cheers.

• Advertisement

How much does it cost a company to be able to offer Laser as a payment method?

If we promise x subscribers will sign up if you offer it as a payment option, would that make it worthwhile?

The mad thing is WE WANT TO GIVE BOARDS OUR MONEY but we have no means to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,960 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Can you use Laser for Paypal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Quazzie wrote: »
    Can you use Laser for Paypal

I have a maestro card (up here in north its the equivalent of laser) and i have used it with my paypal for a year so probably yeah :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

If boards would let me pay by laser I would become a subscriber.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Same here.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

tribulus wrote: »
    Same here.

Why not just use a 3v card? They're so handy. You could be subscribed in half an hour once you receive your card =p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

Why not just use a 3v card? They're so handy. You could be subscribed in half an hour once you receive your card =p

Yeah but you could be subscribed NOW if you could use your laser!

Because I would have to go to Celbridge in order to buy 3v vouchers and I ****ing hate Celbridge.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Are people aware that you can add money to your paypal account via bank transfer?
    Takes about 10 working days, so just be aware when your sub is due to expire.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Worldpay is an option as part of vBulletin for payed subscriptions. However the founder Admins may not implement this as there may be more costs involved with a worldpay account compared to a paypal account. I for one am not sure of this
    For now the handiest thing is 3v vouchers, credit cards and visa debit cards.

• Advertisement

Jonathan wrote: »
    Are people aware that you can add money to your paypal account via bank transfer?
    Takes about 10 working days, so just be aware when your sub is due to expire.

You still need a credit card to set up a paypal account.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Ron DMC wrote: »
    You still need a credit card to set up a paypal account.

Nope. Cause I did it, and subbed to boards that way..

Jonathan wrote: »
    Nope. Cause I did it, and subbed to boards that way..

Hmmm... They must have changed something because I could swear I tried doing that before.
    I'll investigate tomorrow and report back.
    Laser would still be well easier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

You could call into the boards office and make the donation :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

Two other solutions:

1. Use Entropay temporary credit cards. You can transfer by bank transfer. Incurs a 4% service charge.
    2. Get a Visa Debit card with Halifax. There is very little annual stamp duty (€5). Although you can go into credit it costs something like €12 fee+ 20% interest immediately so its never ever worth it.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

We'd love to take Laser but right now we are dependant on what PayPal take. Its an area I want to improve so I'll bring it up at a meeting I'm about to go into :)

I cant see it happening for a couple of months though :(

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Just wanted to highlight here a few days late that it is technically possible to pay without a credit card or debit card.

As Jonathan says, you can set up a Paypal account based purely on your Irish bank account. You can then use your online banking to transfer funds from your irish bank account to your paypal account (it involves a credit transfer to a paypal account in Dublin with your PayPal ref) and from there, bounce them to boards and subscribe. Takes a couple of days for the funds to appear in your Paypal account.

Yes, it absolutely lacks the appeal and simplicity of a credit card, but if you're that die hard, you can do it :)

seamus wrote: »
    Just wanted to highlight here a few days late that it is technically possible to pay without a credit card or debit card.

As Jonathan says, you can set up a Paypal account based purely on your Irish bank account. You can then use your online banking to transfer funds from your irish bank account to your paypal account (it involves a credit transfer to a paypal account in Dublin with your PayPal ref) and from there, bounce them to boards and subscribe. Takes a couple of days for the funds to appear in your Paypal account.

Yes, it absolutely lacks the appeal and simplicity of a credit card, but if you're that die hard, you can do it :)

Yep, noticed that after Jonathan mentioned it. In the process of transferring funds as we speak, not ideal, but hopefully Laser will be up and running by this time next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

seamus wrote: »

Best off not doing that with your current account because Paypal can seize your assets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

[-0-] wrote: »
    Best off not doing that with your current account because Paypal can seize your assets.
    At best, they can "seize" what's in your paypal account, they cannot take money from your current account nor seize your assets. I've no idea where you're getting your false information from.

Advertisement