Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

to discolse hearing problem for job?

Options
  • 19-06-2009 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Guys

Been working on this overseas job and got an email back and as the application is getting more serious now he wants to know everything about me...

hmm

>

Please let me know which of the aforesaid areas are your familiar with
    using the range 2 (good working knowledge), 1 (some working knowledge)
    or 0 (no working knowledge). If there are other technical areas that are
    not covered in the aforesaid list, please detail them.

2a. Please send us the abstract (no more than one page) of two technical papers that you have
    written.

3a. Please list the overseas countries that you've visited or lived in.
    Did you travel/lived alone? Have you visited Japan? If so, list details
    e.g, purpose (tourist, business etc., and length of stay).

3b. Latest health/medical status - any past sports injuries. Do you
    smoke? We do not need a health certificate or doctor's letter, just your
    description will do.

4. Have you ever been arrested, indicted or summoned into a court
    (anywhere in the world) as a defendant in a criminal proceeding, or
    convicted, fined or imprisoned for the violation of any law (INCLUDING
    minor traffic violations)? Have you been subject to any professional
    disciplinary action?

5. Who are your next-of-kin, parents, siblings, i.e., Names, Ages, and
    Relationship of Dependents (if any). [We require this information as we
    need to conduct a conflict of interest check for prospective employees]
    What is your current marital status? Have you been married/divorced?

6. Without referring to the Internet or textbooks what do you understand
    about patents and/or intellectual property?

7. When is the expiry date of your passport? Could you please scan your passport ID page (in
    black/white) e-mail it to me.

8. How quickly can you commence employment (if offered) in Osaka?

We look forward to receiving your answers/documents at your earliest
    convenience.

Best Regards

>

now, I wear hearing aids and can hear fine, they are open ear models so practically invisible to most outsiders. should I disclose this or would it hinder my chances? I have no other health issues and have not even missed a day sick I don't think.

thanks.!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

STRONGLY suggest you reveal all and point out that you can hear just fine with the aid.

Not coming clean over something like that is something that they wouldn't take to kindly to if they discovered it at a crucial point in your job in 2 months time.

Having to hide this constantly from an employer would be stressful enough, as well as the stress of a new job.

Disclose it man. Seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Is this definitely a legit deal?

I'd check the employment legislation of the country itself. If you can find the equivalent of www.citizensinformation.ie for that country, it might help you to see if you have a right not to disclose it.

eoin wrote: »
    Is this definitely a legit deal?

I'd check the employment legislation of the country itself. If you can find the equivalent of www.citizensinformation.ie for that country, it might help you to see if you have a right not to disclose it.

I completed an assignment for this guy, a technical report on two patients he gave me. The role is a Engineering/Patient job so quite hush hush, and hence then eed for all the backround checks.

I got no idea on whether I should disclose this information, or If I have a leg to stand on?. I would have to get back to him on monday, as I need to dig up them technical papers he wants...

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Xcom2

Well to me it sounds like five minutes after you send him the info there will be another you running around buying a mortgage and other ****e.

I do apologise if I'm wrong but it seems like to much information.

Xcom2 wrote: »
    Well to me it sounds like five minutes after you send him the info there will be another you running around buying a mortgage and other ****e.

I do apologise if I'm wrong but it seems like to much information.

Its a legit job alright, the reason for all the questions is due to the Job being in Japan as they will provide flight, visa and relocation.

I have googled the persons name as he is a hiring attorney for the firm

• Advertisement
Advertisement