Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cache issues?

Options
  • 19-06-2009 3:48pm
    Subscribers Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭

the last day or so I'm finding if I click back into a thread that I have recently visited to see the latest post (based on seeing a new name as last poster in subbed list), I'm not seeing the latest post, I have to refresh to see it. It's intermittment but happens more often than not.

I've never had the issue before and had it last night on vista and IE8 and today on XP and IE6 so maybe it is a bug rather than just me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Conor

copacetic wrote: »
    the last day or so I'm finding if I click back into a thread that I have recently visited to see the latest post (based on seeing a new name as last poster in subbed list), I'm not seeing the latest post, I have to refresh to see it. It's intermittment but happens more often than not.

I've never had the issue before and had it last night on vista and IE8 and today on XP and IE6 so maybe it is a bug rather than just me?

I was trying to enable caching.

From 0149-0222 forumdisplay.php was caching, from 0149-1635 showthread.php was caching.

When I work the kinks out of it I'll be turning it on again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I've been having the exact same problem since last night. And I'm nearly fully sure I posted in here about it, but it didn't come up for some reason..... :confused:

Jay P wrote: »
    I've been having the exact same problem since last night. And I'm nearly fully sure I posted in here about it, but it didn't come up for some reason..... :confused:

There has been no caching of .php files on boards.ie since last Friday, so it's unlikely to be a related problem.

If a post here went missing it would be due to datastore issues, but the only ones I've seen have been the usual ones in relation to searches which have timed out. Nothing to do with posting.

Are you able to replicate the issue?

Conor wrote: »
    There has been no caching of .php files on boards.ie since last Friday, so it's unlikely to be a related problem.

If a post here went missing it would be due to datastore issues, but the only ones I've seen have been the usual ones in relation to searches which have timed out. Nothing to do with posting.

Are you able to replicate the issue?

By replicate do you mean fix? In which case, yes, it's resolved when I refresh but I have to refresh every forum I visit. For example, I just went to After Hours in another tab and the most recent post is from 00:18, then when I refresh the most recent post is 13:59, as it should be. I sometimes have to refresh threads as well, not as often though.

Edit: Oh actually, I just realised you were talking about my post here. I'm not fully sure if I did actually post it. I definitely wrote it out, but I can't remember if I got around to posting it. :o

Jay P wrote: »
    By replicate do you mean fix?

Sorry if I wasn't clear. By replicate, I meant "Can you write down a series of steps which, if followed by me, will guarantee that I see the bug". That's kinda an ideal scenario, but the closer you get to that the easier it is for me to diagnose the problem. Until I can make the bug appear for me, I can't find out what's causing it.

What browser are you using? Do you have any extensions/toolbars/web accelerators installed?

• Advertisement

Conor wrote: »
    Sorry if I wasn't clear. By replicate, I meant "Can you write down a series of steps which, if followed by me, will guarantee that I see the bug". That's kinda an ideal scenario, but the closer you get to that the easier it is for me to diagnose the problem. Until I can make the bug appear for me, I can't find out what's causing it.

What browser are you using? Do you have any extensions/toolbars/web accelerators installed?

Well I don't know how to make the bug appear for someone else, I'm not that much of a computer head, all I know is that it appears for me.It happened just as I came into this thread, the only posts I could see were the first two posts, so I pressed F5 and that fixed it, all the posts then showed up. As for the post that didn't appear, I'm almost 100% sure now that I didn't post it, sorry. I remember now thinking the problem would just rectify itself, and that I wasn't really worrying about anything, but it turns out the problem is still here.

And I'm using IE 7.0. There's a Google toolbar, and that's the only add-on.

Oh and if it helps, I was doing some clicking around, and this only seems to happen in forums where I've posted, such as Leaving Cert and Aftre Hours but not Politics or Photography.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement