Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

what insurance to recommend

• 19-06-2009 3:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭

my insurance is up.
    bike is honda ntv deauville 700a
    08 reg
    full A license 1 year 8 months
    3 years no claims with aon
    quotes are fully comp.
    age 28 yesterday.

am currently with aon/axa, renewal quote is €730 including fees and charges. just reduced to €694 over phone after quoting adelaide and new thing with them is you can drive another bike that has insurance ( you will be covered by 3rd party) also €600 worth of insurance for bike gear.

just got a quote from carole nash for €733, basically the same as aon, also can ride another bike, both have breakdown cover throughout europe.

adelaide €634 breakdown cover in ireland
    and quinn €720

who would be the best to go for, or who would you recommend on past experiences.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

I have the Aon/Axa because I get reductions with Car/Bike insurance on both policies (I believe) and Aon give me a nice big discount for Rospa that CN don't recognise.

all things being equal I have never had a problem with either cn or aon and I availed of aon's rescue service for a puncture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

never had problems with quinn, aon or adelaide meself. Sticking with adelaide though. Had to claim for stolen bike a while back and they had me sorted really quick. Coolest accents ever aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

seanybiker wrote: »
    never had problems with quinn, aon or adelaide meself. Sticking with adelaide though. Had to claim for stolen bike a while back and they had me sorted really quick. Coolest accents ever aswell.

Seany, any idea what the claim will do to your next qoute? I had a transalp taken last year only had it ten days, hadn't even recieved the reg papers:mad:

Anyway I'm asking as I always just go third party only on the premise that if I claim I will be screwed for the next few years after it. So I just had to take the hit on the transalp. As someone who has had to make a significant claim whats your thoughts on the subject?

i had ncb protection bud. Didnt lose the ncb at all. :)
    26 full licence. Bout 8 or 9 years ncb.
    461 fully comp on a gsxr 1000. Thats after the claim so it seems the protection works. I thought it was only a gimmick to be honest. Glad to be proven wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

seanybiker wrote: »
    i had ncb protection bud. Didnt lose the ncb at all. :)
    26 full licence. Bout 8 or 9 years ncb.
    461 fully comp on a gsxr 1000. Thats after the claim so it seems the protection works. I thought it was only a gimmick to be honest. Glad to be proven wrong.

Cheers thanks for that mate, I'll check that out the next time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

I have been using Carole Nash for years, what other insurance company would cover a Slingshot 750 for just e300 a year on a classic policy. :)

yore ma's insurance company. Sorry had to.
    Any pics up of yer bike around ?

Advertisement