Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grand canal square - shops/restaurants, etc

Options
  • 19-06-2009 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

I'll be staying in this area over the next week or two. Is there much in the line of convience shops, restaurants, etc. I've found a website online for the area but it's all promo stuff from when the area was being developed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TarfHead

I was down there last month and remember there being a SPAR and a Milanos. There were other restaurants & shops too - can't recall their names.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭RoyMcC

Yes there are several bar/restaurants - also an excellent and large Fresh. No more pleasant spot in Docklands if the sun's shining.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Not a huge amount down there apart from what has been mentioned already... There's a few bars either on the dock or nearby - The Ocean Bar (nice if it's sunny), Ely HQ and the Ferryman (on the quays). See more here.

It's also very close to the city centre (<15 mins walk or a cheap taxi) so no problem heading in there for food/entertainment either...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Just beware Fresh although huge is a tad expensive. There is a smaller Spar on Hanover quay near Milanos.

Also Milanos is very good for food, along with my fav The Crystal Boat(Asian food r'nt which has a takeaway as well) with both having reasonable prices.

The Ely bar has a good range of beers(gastro bar), a fiver for an Erdinger for example. On the other hand the Ocean bar is overpriced(like Ferryman), €4.90 for a pint of Guinness in the afternoon, beware.

Advertisement