Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any dubstep nights in Dublin?

• 19-06-2009 5:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Had been slowly getting into dubstep through Burial and hearing it played on a few nights out in London. Just moved back to Dublin and now I've started to really like the ****, typical. Does anyone know of any good nights in Dublin?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Martyr

it would be cool to see some dubstep nights, why not try organise it? i know a few guys locally and in uk, pretty damn sure there are dubstep djs in dublin would jump at the chance of playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

Howdy! we (REACH) do a monthly gig in the twisted pepper, we alternate between dnb and dubstep; we've had the likes of scuba, silkie, youngsta, shackleton, 2562, benga, martyn and peverelist over in the past.

There's a few other dubstep nights as well, the wobble crew are wobble in name only, they've brought the likes of clouds, tes la rock, kode 9 and joker over in the past few years.

Pod promotions bring over the likes of skream, benga, plastician and all the digital mystikz lads, their gigs are always worth a look too.

There's an irish dubstep forum over at www.irishdubstep.com (twinned with www.irishdrumandbass.com)

There's a good few decent producers over here as well, as well as a crop of pretty healthy labels, Dub Culture over in Galway, Naked Lunch down in Carlow

If you're a dubstep dj or if you're writing tunes fire me over a link in a pm and i'll do my best to make sure it gets heard by the right people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 165 ✭✭Nedermeyer

It is something that lacks to a certain extent in Dublin ~ BUT one of the pioneers of Dubstep is coming to Dublin on August 14th ! Reach presents Appleblim @ the twisted pepper. Sublime stuff. And the week after that, it's joker @ the twisted pepper. but let's not talk about that, because I won't be in dublin and i'll miss it. ;-(

http://www.cathalorourke.wordpress.com

Advertisement