Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daunte Stallworth suspended indefinetly

• 19-06-2009 5:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭

Hardly unexpected, to be fair.

Link to nfl site

Interesting point to note - its a suspension without pay!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Let me get something straight:

Michael Vick kills dogs, gets 18 months in prison.

Plaxico shoots himself on accident, is looking at a minimum of 3 years in prison.

Stallworth kills a man, and gets 30 days.

This really pisses me off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Sea Devils wrote: »

Plaxico shoots himself on accident, is looking at a minimum of 3 years in prison.

All 3 idiots but looks like Stallworth got himself a good defense team to plea 15 years down to 30 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

Sea Devils wrote: »

Intention comes into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Lirange

If his alcohol level had registered a 0.0 he would likely not be charged at all in this case. But you do not have to have alcohol in your system to be charged with manslaughter in a vehicular death. If there was evidence Stallworth had been driving erratically to establish a clear causal connection between striking the pedestrian and his blood alcohol level he would have faced more severe charges.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭boccy23

It is now reported he also had marijuana in his system.

It's a great system that allows you to buy your way out of jail!

As a Giants fan, Burress was a huge loss last year but without his lax attitude, his disruptiveness and general lack of respect will not be missed. He should be suspended for stupidity anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,308 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

In fairness to Stallworth, he acted with (apparent) genuine remorse and has done everything he can to "help" the families of the victims. He made a terrible mistake, and he's been punished for it. if the DA and the families involved are satisfied, I don't think anywhere here should be looking for another life to be destroyed (his...)

Dodge wrote: »
    In fairness to Stallworth, he acted with (apparent) genuine remorse and has done everything he can to "help" the families of the victims. He made a terrible mistake, and he's been punished for it. if the DA and the families involved are satisfied, I don't think anywhere here should be looking for another life to be destroyed (his...)

Exactly. Had the family told him to shove it I'd say he would have got a longer sentence. His legal team got the best deal for him and yes his wealth helped him but look at Vick his wealth could do nothing for him so you cant always buy your way out. The family if you ask saw green and accepted the deal. But for those who dont understand the US. A DUI is not taken seriously by anyone. Everyone is more afraid of getting 3 than 1. Most folk laugh it off. I know guys who have gotton 3 DUI due to being under the influence lost their licence for 12 months and done community service and then get their new licence and continue to rack up DUI. Over hear you would have had the book thrown at you for that nonsense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭bobby wade

24 Days!!!!! SICKENING

It shows how mad the US law is, Vick organises a few dog fights and gets a substantial jail sentence, and his career left in shatters. Stallworth on the other hand, both was caught drink driving, and killing someone. Mansluaghter should surely have prison time measured in years not days. Ridiculous!

• Advertisement

Max Power1 wrote: »
    It shows how mad the US law is, Vick organises a few dog fights and gets a substantial jail sentence, and his career left in shatters. Stallworth on the other hand, both was caught drink driving, and killing someone. Mansluaghter should surely have prison time measured in years not days. Ridiculous!

Again with the help of the victims family settling for a cash deal and a DUI meaning not alot Stallworths Legal team got him a great deal. Had the family not settled he would be in Jail for as long if not longer than Vick. Also again im not sympathising with Stallworth as I have had friends become victims of Drink Driving but Stallworth did everything right to make it easier for his legal team defend him Vick Didnt simple as.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,308 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

And the most important part. Its without pay...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

"Stallworth signed a seven-year, $35 million contract in 2008. He earned a $4.5 million roster-signing bonus the night before the crash. He will lose the remaining $745,000 on his contract for 2009."

No pay :rolleyes:.

A 16% pay cut for the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Vick woke up one morning and decided to kill dogs; Buress woke up one morning and decided to bring a gun (a gun he clearly had no control of, and thank God it was himself and not an innocent he shot) to a club. Stallworth did not wake up and decide to run someone over. Simple as.

davyjose wrote: »
    Vick woke up one morning and decided to kill dogs; Buress woke up one morning and decided to bring a gun (a gun he clearly had no control of, and thank God it was himself and not an innocent he shot) to a club. Stallworth did not wake up and decide to run someone over. Simple as.
    no, he decided to endanger himself and others by driving drunk.

Max Power1 wrote: »
    no, he decided to endanger himself and others by driving drunk.

Again with this argument. Again whether in the right or wrong his defense attorny got him a good deal.

- The fact he didnt pre-meditate killing someone

- He settled with the family and they accepted

- He willingfully helped the police in their investigation

- It was his first offense

- He plead guilty

All of the above made it easy for his lawyers to get him a good deal. US law has so many loophole and ways around getting yourself a fair deal. DUI in America are laughed at generally. I can count on 1 hand how many of my US friends who dont have one.

Whether right or wrong his defense team fought a good battle for him.

Now comparing this to Vick is pointless for these reasons:

- Vick knew there was dogfighting and the slaughtering of animals in one of his houses

- He plead not guilty when one of his friends and cousin plead guilty and fingered Vick

- Vick also denied responsibilty and was unwilling to help the investigation.

They are two different cases with two very different outcomes both were wrong but in the US making a strong case for yourself especially if first offense will get you a better deal simple as.

Had stallworth willingfully murdered the guy he would have gotton life.

Advertisement