Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

crackdown.. not bad at all

• 19-06-2009 6:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭

bought this months and months ago just started playin it and what a game. Whats the best way to go about playin it. It seems very open.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,788 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Not bad? It's great!

The best way is to just enjoy the game, arse around collecting the jumping power ups and getting more powerful. Just enjoy the game it's fully open and great fun even if the gun combat sucks the platforming is great.

Also climbing the tower and jumping off it is an achievement well worth getting. The view from the top is spectacular and the climb is quite challenging. Make sure you can jump high enough first!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭emurphy

yeah I'd say its fairly addictive too I've been playin it for a couple of hours now just shootin the shi out of everythin great fun. Killed a boss as well I think. Dont really care to be honest just good old fashioned shootin. I like it.:D I've heard it bein compared to grand theft auto as well which is such an insult

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

emurphy wrote: »
    I've heard it bein compared to grand theft auto as well which is such an insult
    That comparison was made before GTAIV came out, so really it was a compliment :D

I loved the game too, glad to see they're making a sequel. Co-Op is great fun for just mucking about (like ground pounding on/near your partner). The story was fairly light, but the gameplay made up for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭Julez

Yeah really enjoyed this when it came out, missions do get a bit boring and repetitive, but there are a fair few hours of good fun in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Only use it ever had for me was the Halo 3 beta!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,788 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You're missing out on one of the best games of this generation.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Spent far more time playing the free Crackdown game than the Halo3 beta disc that we all bought.

Really fun game, just finding those last orbs is a pain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭thealltimelow

this is the frist game game i got for my xbox 2 and 1/2 years ago and is still one best games on the xbox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 414 ✭✭ElBarco

Don't get obsessed looking for the agility orbs. The pinging sound they make will haunt your dreams ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Am the only 1 who got bored of it? I'll admit it was great craic when you start off, but there's only so much jumping and climbing you can do before it degenerates back into kill thug -> make way to boss -> kill boss -> repeat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 414 ✭✭ElBarco

DarkJager wrote: »
    Am the only 1 who got bored of it? I'll admit it was great craic when you start off, but there's only so much jumping and climbing you can do before it degenerates back into kill thug -> make way to boss -> kill boss -> repeat.

It wasn't the most complicated game in the world in fairness. I enjoyed just switching it on and running around the city jumping and killing anything that moved. Worth a play imo if you haven't up to now and I'm sure you can buy it for next to nothing at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Am after getting this for a tenner this morning in gamestop.
    I can't wait to get into it.
    I checked a few vids of it on youtube and it looks great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

ElBarco wrote: »
    It wasn't the most complicated game in the world in fairness. I enjoyed just switching it on and running around the city jumping and killing anything that moved. Worth a play imo if you haven't up to now and I'm sure you can buy it for next to nothing at this stage.

What is your major malfunction, Agent?

corblimey wrote: »
    What is your major malfunction, Agent?
    The voice over guy is very funny --

"Kills for skills, Agent, kills for skills."

"I can see my house from here." :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,026 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I said it once and I'll say it again..

Crackdown is my favourite game on the Xbox by an absolute mile!

It's great fun to just roam around the city, hunt for orbs (didn't even get close to finding them all) and it's just plain addictive gaming.

I bought my Xbox after hearing so much about this game and Dead Rising - this game didn't disappoint, Dead Rising on the other hand..

Podge2k7 wrote: »
    Am after getting this for a tenner this morning in gamestop.
    I can't wait to get into it.
    I checked a few vids of it on youtube and it looks great.

I got it for a tenner too. Think I got a tenners worth last night alone played it for at least 4/5 hours. Great fun. Just about to go back on for a game. There goes my Saturday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

basquille wrote: »
    I said it once and I'll say it again..

Crackdown is my favourite game on the Xbox by an absolute mile!

It's great fun to just roam around the city, hunt for orbs (didn't even get close to finding them all) and it's just plain addictive gaming.

I bought my Xbox after hearing so much about this game and Dead Rising - this game didn't disappoint, Dead Rising on the other hand..

How many orbs have ye got Ive got well over half

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Yep, I bought my 360 for dead rising as well, and was sorely disappointed...
    I had heard nothing about this game prior to playing it, but fortunately it got bundled with my 360 (along with GoW)
    An absolutely superb slice of gaming, one of the best games on the 360 imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

All the hate on Dead Rising:confused:, I loved the game. I was something different and fresh on the zombie survival theme.

Crackdown grew on me after I played the demo a few times as I didn't like it at all at first. I got the game at release though and its a great bit of fun. When playing Prototype, Crackdown poped straight into my head. THink I'll start playing again and search for all the orbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,707 ✭✭✭CR 7

Swizz wrote: »
    How many orbs have ye got Ive got well over half

299, of the ones there's 300 of.:(

• Advertisement

got 4 bosses so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Somehow I missed the whole Crackdown thing, never appeared on my radar and now I'm hearing loads about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

been playing it for an hour or two most nights the last few weeks. brilliant game. can be a bit of a grind but very addictive.

3 bosses left to go!

also, does anyone actually bother with the driving skill? no need for it all.

quarryman wrote: »
    also, does anyone actually bother with the driving skill? no need for it all.
    On the highest driving skill level, the SUV can drive up walls... so yeah, it's worth it :D I killed Wang (head of the Asian gang) this way, by passing all his thugs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

^ ^ ^

Haha thats deadly. I didnt know you could drive up the wall with the SUV by powering up the driving skill, I'd nearly go back to playing the game all over again just for that!

Maxed out all skills bar driving.

Was never very good at the road races and ended up killing loads of civilians when I drive too quickly! :D

Maxed out all skills bar driving.

Was never very good at the road races and ended up killing loads of civilians when I drive too quickly! :D

haha thats what happens when I try the driving parts!!

Los Muertos was easy enough in fairness. Tryin Volk now and its not easy. So so many enemies shootin at ya when you get anywhere near the bosses. Any tips other than take your time duckin and divin etc...

I had a thought earlier the games kinda like smash tv but roaming around the place. No story really just shootin the crap out of loads of enemies then a boss. I love it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

emurphy wrote: »
    Any tips other than take your time duckin and divin etc...

Yeah taking your time will help, but only too a certain extent. A small amount of the bad guys will always respawn so eventually you have to just keep moving.

Also, rocket launcher ftw!

Yep, quarryman is spot on with his "taking your time" tip.

Some of the most difficult bosses simply involve progressing through the level very slowly, and making sure all their gang are dead before moving onwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭craze7

Got this for 6.95 pre owned it Xtra Vision the other day, great game but the triple flip achievement is wreckin me head!!!

Advertisement