Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

crackdown.. not bad at all

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

craze7 wrote: »
    Got this for 6.95 pre owned it Xtra Vision the other day, great game but the triple flip achievement is wreckin me head!!!

Don't think you can get that achievement unless you have the paid for dlc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭craze7

Guess i'll stop trying then!!! ☺

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

craze7 wrote: »
    Guess i'll stop trying then!!! ☺
    I didn't get the DLC and I managed to get the achievement. I can't remember exactly how (it is 2 years ago ;)), but I think it was in the second tallest Shai-Gen building. You take the SUV up in the lift with you, and ramp off from up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Paddy_B

Got this with my first xbox pack and love it. After abandoning it and going after playing games like Assassains Creeed and Fallout 3 the graphics realy look crap but thats just to show the advancements that are being made. I still love it though ! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Killed the final boss last night. Done with it now. Great game, looking forward to Crackdown 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

quarryman wrote: »
    Killed the final boss last night. Done with it now. Great game, looking forward to Crackdown 2.

Crackdown 2 may be alot different as it's being made by a whole new dev team. The team that did Crackdown 1 is working on an online only GTA style game called APB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I've never even heard of this game before, I must check it out if I can get it cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    even if the gun combat sucks

I don't think you could be more wrong here.

Think of the gun mechanic in this and compare it to GTAIV,

I think Crackdown is an example of exactly how to do "combat" in the third person action game.

Haven't played in a while but from what I remember:
    You can lock on to enemies
    Cycle through nearby enemies easily
    Aim at different targets on each enemy or vehicle, heads. hands, wheels, fuel tanks
    Move with relative ease while locked on

The gun combat is very satisfying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

cept when you're at a low wall and press fire, and instead of shooting, you try and punch the wall.
    grr

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bigbadcon

Its funny how some of the cheapest games you buy can be the best. I bought Crackdown for about €15 ages ago and Pro Evo 6 donkeys years ago for €6 and they're the 2 I got he most out of..

BTW anyone know where my avatar dude is gone..?

He just didnt show up this morning ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,788 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Vegeta wrote: »
    I don't think you could be more wrong here.

Think of the gun mechanic in this and compare it to GTAIV

Eh, it's basically the same. Lock on, shoot, Lock on, shoot. The only difference is that GTA has a cover system that rarely works. Both are equally as crap really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Crackdown 2 may be alot different as it's being made by a whole new dev team. The team that did Crackdown 1 is working on an online only GTA style game called APB.

Crackdown 2 is being developed by Ruffian which is comprised primarily of ex-Realtime employees who worked on Crackdown. I reckon development is in good hands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Both are equally as crap really.

They aren't flawless, but they work well enough. Compare them to the PS2 GTAs and be glad!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,788 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd say it's the exact same system as used by the PS2 GTA's, absolutely no difference.

Eh, it's basically the same. Lock on, shoot, Lock on, shoot. The only difference is that GTA has a cover system that rarely works. Both are equally as crap really.

No they are not.

In GTAIV it is pure luck who you lock on to and trying to lock on to the right person can be infuriating.

In Crackdown the longer you you aim at someone the more accurate you become.

Even visually how Crackdown implements its system is better.

I'd say it's the exact same system as used by the PS2 GTA's, absolutely no difference.

"They see me trollin', they hatin"

I did say the game was great and it's my only problem, I really hate the auto lock on combat in these games.

The increased accuracy with aiming isn't exactly a massive improvement though is it? It's still a lock on system and not a patch on a free aiming system.

I did say the game was great and it's my only problem, I really hate the auto lock on combat in these games.

The increased accuracy with aiming isn't exactly a massive improvement though is it? It's still a lock on system and not a patch on a free aiming system.

That's fair enough and I'd agree that a well done free aim system is better than a well done lock on.

I just think that Crackdown has a really good lock on system

I also think lock on systems can work better in sandbox third person shooters, again that's a generalisation. Free aim in third person is generally done in heavily scripted or slower paced games. Just look at what people said about RE5

I understand its your personal preference but Crackdown does have an excellent lock on system, much better than the garbage that is GTAIV. I also think Crackdown would suffer in terms of game play if it relied solely on free aim

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Picked this up for a tenner yesterday, well worth it so far anyway.

Advertisement