Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ircset funding - what do you actually get?

Options
  • 19-06-2009 7:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

Hi all,

I was awarded Ircset funding for a PhD, I'll be starting in September. I'm just wondering when and how they give you the funding? Do you get it every few months or is it a lump sum or what? Also, someone told me you get allowances for a laptop, travel, conferences etc is this true?

Thanks guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭jelly&icecream

Fees paid, 1333 euro a month (16000 a year) to live on, 1500 euro to buy a computro at the start and consumables and travel monies. Not sure exactly how much the travel/consumables money is but its certainly plently for several conferences every year. Full scholarship is 24000 a year in total.

Extensions of 6 months after the initial 3 years used to be nearly a given if you weren't finished but they've sent around an email to 3rd scholars saying a 3 month extension will only be given in extenuating circumstances :( So try and keep as close to the 3 years as possible!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Alsatian_Cousin

Thanks guys

Advertisement