Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waken Dreams

Options
  • 19-06-2009 8:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭

Hello. I get these really disturbing dreams every so often except I'm not really asleep when I have them and they're always about the same thing.
    SPIDERS.
    I wake up for some reason or other and look at my wife and see lots of black spiders running around our pillows and under her head, In her hair.
    Its awful as I'm terrified of them.
    How can I wake up if I'm already awake? I lift her sleeping head to look under it, search her hair. Thats when she usually wakes up and tells me I'm dreaming. I even turn the light on and there they are. Then I realise that this isn't happening and go back to sleep.

What is this called?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Yellowyorange!

Not sure what it's called, but it's happened to me on occasion! I've had the ceiling covered in spiders, room full of leaves, and black things like ash coming out of a humidifier n floating around my room to name a few! Now i know the last two mightn't seem scary but its terrifying at the time. Like that, I have to turn on the light and sit up before I cop on that I'm dreaming. Scares the crap outa me everytime. It is hard enough to wake up when you know you're dreaming, but its worse when you're already awake!

I suppose it's a sort of involuntary lucid dreaming!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭suey71

Hi yelloworange.

My waken dreams scare me but that post fukkin terrified me:eek:.seriously.
    I thought mine where bad, but compaired to yours mine are, I don't know, I feel selfish for even posting my first post.
    I'd hate to have whats happening to you happen to me.

But what people dont understand is that it happens alot. and with me its always the same and I'd say with you its equally so.

Thanks for replying.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

suey71 wrote: »
    Hello. I get these really disturbing dreams every so often except I'm not really asleep when I have them and they're always about the same thing.
    SPIDERS.
    I wake up for some reason or other and look at my wife and see lots of black spiders running around our pillows and under her head, In her hair.
    Its awful as I'm terrified of them.
    How can I wake up if I'm already awake? I lift her sleeping head to look under it, search her hair. Thats when she usually wakes up and tells me I'm dreaming. I even turn the light on and there they are. Then I realise that this isn't happening and go back to sleep.

What is this called?

Umm thats called an hallucination.

Advertisement