Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new music needed to stop me hatin my iPOD!

Options
  • 19-06-2009 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

well i've found that i'm getting bored of the music on my iPod and desperately need some new bands/songs/genres on it to keep me loving my iPod! here are some(just SOME!!) of the artists that i like- any reccommendations welcome!
    Oasis, Snow Patrol, The Killers, The Coronas,ACDC, Marmaduke Duke, The Blizzards, MGMT, Adam and The Ants, Kings of Leon, Future Kings of Spain, Radiohead, The Dirty Epics, The Fratellis, We are Scientists, The Klaxons, dandy Warhols, The Kooks, Kasabian.

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 FenderJazz

Try looking up,

Jape, MODEST MOUSE, BRAND NEW, NEUTRAL MILK HOTEL, IRON&WINE, fight like apes, the jesus and mary chain, the ramones, the smiths, the cure, Jimmy Eat world, Chemical Bros, The Avalanches, Prodigy, Maximo Park, Brand New, Paramore, 2 many DJs, Biffy Clyro, Placebo, Feeder, damien rice, We are Scientists.The Smashing Pumpkins, Pixies, Massive Attack, The Beatles, Palladium, Taking back Sunday, Newton Faulkner, rage against the Machine, Led Zeppelin, +44, OkGo, Alexisonfire, Saoisín, Rancid, Funeral for a Friend, Thin Lizzy, Foo Fighters, System of a Down, The Frames,

I'll name more if u wish. If u havent heard of these bands try youtube and check em out. Brand New are my favourite band. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKDc2lkt_mE

Shout Out Louds are also very good!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭*Miss Ní C*

FenderJazz wrote: »
    Try looking up,

Jape, MODEST MOUSE, BRAND NEW, NEUTRAL MILK HOTEL, IRON&WINE, fight like apes, the jesus and mary chain, the ramones, the smiths, the cure, Jimmy Eat world, Chemical Bros, The Avalanches, Prodigy, Maximo Park, Brand New, Paramore, 2 many DJs, Biffy Clyro, Placebo, Feeder, damien rice, We are Scientists.The Smashing Pumpkins, Pixies, Massive Attack, The Beatles, Palladium, Taking back Sunday, Newton Faulkner, rage against the Machine, Led Zeppelin, +44, OkGo, Alexisonfire, Saoisín, Rancid, Funeral for a Friend, Thin Lizzy, Foo Fighters, System of a Down, The Frames,

I'll name more if u wish. If u havent heard of these bands try youtube and check em out. Brand New are my favourite band. :D

hahaha would you believe that many of them put in an apperance on my iPod!!!!!!!!!!!! some of them moreso than others but we appaer to have similar tastes!!!!!

any other bands/artists you'd reccommend???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

the secret machines

the school of seven bells

faith no more

rsag

the dirty americans

one day as a lion

lcd soundsystem

Am.....coheed and Cambria, Some Dashboard confessional(alright i suppose) ah?...Motion city Soundtrack maybe? Dunno really!!! Check out Jon Lajoie and flight of the conchords. Funny!!!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭*Miss Ní C*

kk thanks, don't think i'll be bored for much longer!!!!!!

Rise Against
    Rage against the machine,
    Audioslave,
    Queens of the Stone Age, obv!
    Cancer bats,
    NOFX,
    Yovee,
    Kut U Up,
    Hundred Reasons

I'll try think of more!!!

Oh Dream Theatre for a good instrumental!! Nice!!

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭conormccarthy92

friendly fires, spinnerette, bolc party, the cribs, flashguns, FOALS, maccabees, muse, the rifles , hadouken , glamour for better, danananakroyd

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

My brothers band Junah just released their first proper single. It is on ITunes or other places.
    It is sort of vaguely folkish alterna rock :D
    Take a listen on myspace. There are three songs on the actual cd as well as a video of the title track Low la day.
    http://www.junah.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Uncle Arthur

i can guarantee you will love the stone roses with bands like that as your favourites!:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

Discussed this with a friend recently who was bored sh/tless playing the same few artists on bus journeys everywhere, I personally think everyone should have:

The Postal Service
    If you're 20+ you just went 'Hurr Durr, obviously'
    It pains me to think there are people out there who don't know every word to every song on this beautiful album. Nice, sweet, and electronic (But on the pop side) My Mam loves it even.

Bob Dylan- Freewheelin' LP
    I don't see how anyone couldn't enjoy it, providing they have working ears. Its a classic for a reason (Hurr Durr again)

Most of the rest of his work bores me, fancy that.

Girl Talk
    Basic jist of this-
    Take indie/hip hop/pop songs.
    Mix them together, never becoming over relient on 1 sample.
    Create new poppy very meaningless yet insanely catchy music.
    Dance.You'll have endless fun playing 'name that sample' with Girl Talk.
    (i.e JESUS! HE JUST MIXED ________ WITH __________ moments)

Nouvelle Vague

French pop retakes on classic numbers (Think Blue Monday, Too Drunk To F()ck, Love Will Tear Us Apart) likely to bring you back to the older classics too, as well as make you smile. From this, you should discover a love for Joy Division, The Clash and all sorts of brilliant bands.

Rilo Kiley

By far my favourite band I think? Indie-pop, female lead vocals (which I always love) and a handful of solid albums you should buy straight away

Bishop Allen

The only hyped indie band worth it at the minute, for serious.

Boards Of Canada

If you found this post TL,DR (Too Long Didn't Read) just click play on this and thank me later now I have your attention with a huge YouTube embeded video.

Christy Moore- Listen album

No reason any household in Ireland shouldn't have this album by now, extremely solid effort. No Paddywhackery, just solid folk music the whole way through.

I second the reccomendations for: Neutral Milk Hotel, Brand New,LCD Soundsystem and The Beatles (that sounds silly,but you'd be amazed how many young people don't actually listen to them!) Much as I love NOFX (and was delighted to see their name!) they're probably not everyones cup of tea. If you do go for it, make it Punk In Drublic, which was 15 year old mes life.

d.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭JæKæ

The Clash, Beirut, Elbow, Wilco, Hot Chip, The Rapture, Interpol, Built To Spill, Super Furry Animals, Wolf Parade, Spoon, Fujiya & Miyagi, Iron & Wine, The Decemberists, Joy Division, The Album Leaf, Aphex Twin

Have a listen to some of them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Madou

FenderJazz wrote: »

Such an underrated and often forgotten band. Constantly changing and evolving - really looking forward to their new album.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

The Minutemen
    The Replacements
    Metric
    Silversun Pickups
    Sebadoh
    Camera Obscura
    Scritti Politti
    The Veils
    The Shins
    King Crimson
    Zurdok
    Mew
    The Raveonettes
    The Mary Onettes
    Of Montreal

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Bonkers_xOx

Shiny Toy Guns
    LCD soundsystem

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭irishturkey

alabama 3, ane brun, arcade fire, architecture in helsinki, billy bragg, brmc, bloc party, bonnie prince billy, cake, creedence clearwater revival, death cab for cutie, delorentos, director, dirty epics, the enemy,fleet foxes, fred, frightened rabbit, glasvegas, guggenheim grotto, ham sandwich, hot chip, im from barcelona, interference, josh ritter, the kills, leonard cohen, loney dear, lou reed, manchester orchestra, mick flannery, the national, nerina pallot, pavement, pj harvey, polyphonic spree, regina spektor, republic of loose, rodrigo y gabriela, royseven, ryan adams, seasick steve, sigur ros, taste, tom mcrae, turin breaks, von bondies,white lies, wilco, yeah yeah yeahs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭JimmyFloyd

The Minutemen
    The Replacements
    Metric
    Silversun Pickups
    Sebadoh
    Camera Obscura
    Scritti Politti
    The Veils
    The Shins
    King Crimson
    Zurdok
    Mew
    The Raveonettes
    The Mary Onettes
    Of Montreal

Possibly the most under rated band around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Mac Masters

Well if I had to pick one band I would say Justice, I just got my iPod and I've probably listened to their album "Cross" more than anything else! Sheer brilliance, it's a must!

^There best song imo!^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stone roses

BETA BAND , STONE ROSES, BAT FOR THE LASHES, NICK DRAKE, JONNY CASH WWW.MYSPACE.COM/JELLYFISHINVASION ,WHITE LIES , ZERO 7, AIR , SPIRITUALIZED, FLAMING LIPS ,BLACK REBEL MOTOERCYCLE CLUB, PINK FLOYD, MANY MORE!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 IxM

Death Cab For Cutie - Enough Said
    Maybe Throw Klaxons, CSS, Modest Mouse in too:D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

4ft Soldiers, Green Day, Sex Pistols, The View, Arctic Monkeys, Kings of Leon, Be Your Own Pet, Jack Penate, The Wombats, Interpol, Hot Chip, Air Traffic, The Streets, Alphabeat, Blur, All-American Rejects, Paramore, Queens of the Stone Age, The Kooks, Klaxons, The Maybes, Radiohead, Basement Jaxx, Architecture in Helsinki, Ash, Scissor Sisters, Rage Against the Machine, Bad Religion, Beck, Camera Obscura, The Fratellis, The Futureheads, Muse, Biffy Clyro, Katy Perry, Bowling for Soup, Cherry Ghost, The Puppini Sisters, Mystery Jets, The Ting Tings, The Holloways, Good Shoes, Foo Fighters, Feeder, Vampire Weekend, We Are Scientists, Panic At the Disco, The Maccabees, Aya Hirano, Maximo Park, The Hives, Hadouken!, Cansei Dei Ser Sexy, Gorillaz, Franz Ferdinand, Belle and Sebastian, Duran Duran, Pet Shop Boys, Beastie Boys, Weezer, Blondie, Chemical Brothers, Supergrass, The Coral, The Decemberists, Electric Light Orchestra

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭One_Armed_Dwarf

A few of my favourites I dont think have been mentioned yet

Tom Waits, Elliott Smith, Nick Cave & The Badseeds, Arab Strap, Malcolm Middleton, The Twilight Sad, Tindersticks, Whipping Boy, The Dresden Dolls, My Bloody Valentine, Wilco, Mogwai, Joanna Newsome, (Smog), Final Fantasy, Mother Mother, Talking Heads

• Registered Users Posts: 5,791 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

The Cribs
    The Postal Service
    Phoenix
    Chromeo
    Vampire Weekend
    Santogold

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭JohnnyQuid

Thriving Ivory (highly recommend them),Wallis Bird,The Academy Is,All American Rejects,Boys Like Girls,The Script,The Coronas,Goo Goo Dolls,Hey Monday,Jimmy Eat World,Lifehouse,Pendulum,Simple Plan,3oh!3

Loads more,can't think of them at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭The-Ry-Man06

As said before with that list i think youd definately be into Stone roses, Vampire weekend and the Postal service. Also maybe the Avalanches, Battles, Bloc Party, Calvin harris, Explosions in the Sky, Florance and the Machine, Jason Mraz, and Matisyahu maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭niallo76

patrick watson-giacomo puccini-noirin ni riain-Cocteau twins-godspeed you black emporer-silver mt.zion-sparklehorse-sonic youth-public enemy-etta james-sam cooke-howlin wolf-mozart-sun kil moon-red house painters-hypnotic brass ensemble-gavin bryars-the kinks-the sonics-suicide-scott walker-king tubby-hank williams-shuggie otis-sister rosetta tharpe-mc5-the stooges-kate bush-ali farka toure-touman diabate-de la soul-eric b&rakim-

ah you could be here for weeks-just swap ipods with your friends,shuffle the songs and go from there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Molberts

pretty sweet list so far :p

I'd add in:

Sufjan Stevens
    Sublime
    Dispatch
    Nine Inch Nails
    Dirty Epics
    The Coral
    White Lies
    Blondie

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Jeanious

eh am i missing somethin here?

Try The Who, The Beach Boys, Johnny Cash, Elvis, The Stone Roses (album), Led Zeppelin. That should keep ya goin for a good decade at least!

Advertisement