Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yale Wireless Alarm Kit

Options
  • 19-06-2009 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭

Lads,

I know theres a lot of debates on here about whats the best type of alarm to get installed.

Im just looking for something that can detect and will sound if somebody tries to enter.

Im just wondering if anyone has experiences of the Yale Wireless Systems you can buy online for approx €200.

Are they reliable in that they dont go off by themselves causing grief to neighbours?

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Absolute rubbish. Either have no alarm or do the job right.
    It is your most valuable possession after all.
    Would you buy a car for €300,000 & put a €200 alarm on it???

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Interesting101

If i spent 300k on a car id expect the alarm to be included :0)

Is there anything you would recommend then.

Note- I dont have a landline in the house so i dont thin monitoring etc is an option.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If i spent 300k on a car id expect the alarm to be included :0)
    But you spend that on a house & you dont?????:confused:

The Astec Fusion or The Europlex SigNet are the best of whats out at the moment.
    Tell me a bit more of what you want. Is the house wired?
    Are you interested in wireless?
    Are you interected in remote access?
    A phone line is not essential for monitoring you can use GSM

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭dangerus06

hi i got a b&q alarm for 60 euro cost 100 to get put in works perfect had to buy 2 contacts cost 1 euro each the guy who put it in said wireless can cause problems with going off for no reason :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Interesting101

koolkid wrote: »
    But you spend that on a house & you dont?????:confused:

The Astec Fusion or The Europlex SigNet are the best of whats out at the moment.
    Tell me a bit more of what you want. Is the house wired?
    Are you interested in wireless?
    Are you interected in remote access?
    A phone line is not essential for monitoring you can use GSM

My house isnt wired...Im just after a very reliable system that i know will only go off when somebody tries to gain entry.

I dodnt know anything about GSM.
    Can you get a decent system that contact you when entry is attempted?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,591 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

hi i got a b&q alarm for 60 euro cost 100 to get put in works perfect

They are very very poor quality.

To me this type of system says "I have something worth stealing, but I am not interested in spending the money to protect it!"

For just a little bit more money you could buy a dated but real alarm!
    the guy who put it in said wireless can cause problems with going off for no reason pacman.gif

There are a few things that I do not like about wireless, but this is simply not true anymore.
    Can you get a decent system that contact you when entry is attempted?
    Yes. It can phone you with a recorded message or even text you.

dangerus06 wrote: »
    hi i got a b&q alarm for 60 euro cost 100 to get put in works perfect had to buy 2 contacts cost 1 euro each the guy who put it in said wireless can cause problems with going off for no reason :pac:
    2 Contacts??? What else is protecting your house??
    The guy that put it in clarly hasn't a clue about wireless.
    My house isnt wired...Im just after a very reliable system that i know will only go off when somebody tries to gain entry.
    Aritech, Astec, Europlex or HKC
    Spend a few quid & protect your house properly

Any decent system can be set to contact you by text or voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭dangerus06

there were other contacts in box the guy putting it in been doing alarms for 15 years so i say he would know what he talking .about there also loads of sensors with it .and alarms are only a deterant if a thief wants to get into your house he will

there were other contacts in box the guy putting it in been doing alarms for 15 years so i say he would know what he talking
    Any respectable installer would not put their name to equipment like that.His statement re wireless shows he does not know what he is talking about.
    if a thief wants to get into your house he will
    That statement never ceases to amaze me. Sure if thats the case leave the door open for them . Burglars are oppurtunists thats a well known fact. The majority of homes broken into have no alarm or an alarm that wasn't set. I they had to choose between 2 alarmed properties they would choose the DIY job like yours.
    I'm sorry but I really dont understand the mentality of trying to cut corners to save a few cents why your are dealing with the protection of your home & your family.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭ani_mal

the thing is that everyone has his/hers own opinion. Some resources say Yale is good and reliable (but this might be just advert). Anyone can say why Yale isn't good at all?

I'm thinking myself of getting wireless alarm (as I rent house, and relocate now and then) and woudl appreciate help on that matter.

thx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Yale equipment is Much cheaper than professional quality stuff like Aritech and Europlex and this is for a reason. If there was no difference alarm companies would be installing them and be making much more profit in the process. Cheap equipment will break your heart in the long run.

+ 1

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭ani_mal

Lads, where can I get these house alarms you mentioned Aritech and Europlex. eBay? or you know some retailer in Ireland that won't rip off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

http://www.europlex-signet.com/partners.php.

There is also a place in navan called sesco

Advertisement