Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who do I go to?

Options
  • 19-06-2009 8:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭

I was just wondering what others do in the same situation...I have a semi-feral cat with 4 feral kittens (although I suspect 3 of them are no more, haven't seen them in a while) living outside my apartment in North Kildare.

Who do I go to? I've tried ringing the Kildare Animal Foundation but they're not getting back to me, and I don't really want to get them sent to a pound. I can't take them in as I have a dog and a hamster- bad mix. I've been feeding them and the mammy doesn't seem to mind me too much any more, but the kitten is very wary still.

I've been feeding them, trying to make them easier to catch. The mammy doesn't seem to mind me too much any more, but the kitten is very wary still.

Anyone got any advice please? I know there are gajillions of feral cats around, but surely there has to be someone dealing with them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭w@ll3gurl

i think i read on their website that Cats Aid help feral cats & try to trap, neuter them and either re-home or if they are totally wild try to look after them.
    www.catsaid.org

they are dublin based but i'm sure they extend into the greater dub area, it might be worth giving them a try?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Ireland doesn't have cat pounds, try a couple of rescues in your area that might to trap neuter return, you might be able to hire or borrow a trap and have the cat spayed. With any luck the least that can be done is have the mums spayed and hopefully the kitten caught and perhaps tamed up and rehomed if someone can take him/her on.

It can be difficult esp. when there are so many cats/kittens around at this time of year but good on you for wanting to help these two.
    Trap neuter return is very effective.

Advertisement