Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

COD WaW Xtra-Vision

• 19-06-2009 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭

I went into xtra-vision in Thomas Street this evening to buy this. I rarely buy games from shops like this. Pre-owned and new are both 39.99. I ask at the counter if this is right and the guy said yes. Am i missing something here? Both new AND second-hand are the same value? Does ths happen in other places?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭jomz27

winston82 wrote: »
    I went into xtra-vision in Thomas Street this evening to buy this. I rarely buy games from shops like this. Pre-owned and new are both 39.99. I ask at the counter if this is right and the guy said yes. Am i missing something here? Both new AND second-hand are the same value? Does ths happen in other places?

yes even in gamestop...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

any reason for this? Seems like BS and poor retailing. Common sense should prevail here surely?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭thealltimelow

gamestop have it new for 35 euro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Did you buy it in the end? Some Harvey Normans have it for €20, though maybe just on PS3. Worth a look anyway. It's €35 in Argos too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

COD 4 was up around €45 -€50, even 2 years after it came out. If a game has a popular brand attached to it, they will milk it to the very last or until a sequel comes out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Just got it there..and i was gonan buy it for 50 on tuesday...thank god i didnt have the mula:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

After you realise how bad and noring it is you can trade it in for €28 in Xtra Vision and buy a decent game! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Its on special offer for the new one this week. Its now €34.99 AFAIK.

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare will be on offer next week. I think its Activision that is running the offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

This is a result of the game being reduced to a sale price and negligent head office folk failing to also reduce the pre owned price too. A decent Xtra Vision employee would have informed you that they can inform head office and have the price changed the next day, at lease that's the Smyths way of doing things. There is absolutely no reason why new and pre owned would be the same and though not directly affecting your rights, completely defeats the purpose of the pre owned trade

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

game seem to do this also if a game is at a sale price say 25 or 30 new and the second hand game is a fiver or so more expensive the shop staff and managers will refuse to lower the price of the second hand item

• Advertisement
Advertisement