Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Controller modding - I know this seems like in its the wrong forum but...

• 19-06-2009 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭

a lot of the controller/stick modders seem to hang out here :)

Anyway, to get straight to it, I'm looking to modify my X360 controller by placing the circuit board into my original xbox pad (chunky one)

I know I've been talking a lot about getting sticks but something which occurred to me the other day is that I remember being able to execute anything I wanted to do with the original xbox pad in SF3:3S so I thought of putting the X360 internals into my original xbox pad shell and using all buttons,d-pad and sticks from the original as well. Ofcourse, I'm willing to sacrifice certain parts which may be difficult to put in (i.e: triggers) so I'd just put in the triggers from the X360 pad.

Anyway, I'm not doing the modding myself, I have my residential hardware engineer (aka my bro :)) so he'd know his way round but what I'm ultimately asking, is this a realistic idea or should I just forget it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,721 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I don't think it would work the way you're describing, as you have to remember the PCBs are different sizes & the buttons rely on membrane contacts.
    What you could try is wire a Madcatz 4716 to each point on the Xbox pad (both pads are common-ground), but then you'd be left with a 360 PCB just dangling from the pad; and I have no idea how to do the triggers.

My advice: just get a stick/better pad! :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,617 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Xbox pad is pretty damn nasty for fighting games as well. It won't improve your game really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Well, it might since he said he's used to playing 3S on it...

edit: imo you'd be better off just getting a fightpad or a stick, echoing Kiki's post.

Advertisement