Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a weekend to meself....

Options
  • 19-06-2009 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

Ok so my fella has kindly fecked off to the whest for a stag 'weekend' with the lads, which leaves me on my own in our house for the weekend.

Would you believe its the first time in our 5 year relationship that I'll be on my own away from him. I've been away before, but its always been ME going away and him at home (the fecker!)

So...without sounding too much like a freak who can't function on her own ...:o
    what shall I do for the weekend?! :p

So far I've gone through two trashy mags, 2 bottles of beer, applied some new make up (which I LOVE)...and I'm halfway through the second episode of corrie!

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

umm...

nice long bath?

Then wrap yourself in a fluffly bathrobe with a cuppa (or glass of wine) and a good book :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Beth1978

Hi OP!!! Good for you having the place to yourself for the wk/nd!!

Get some girlies around, put on all those movies he hates to watch.....Pretty Woman, Dirty Dancing....then put some toons on and just have a good auld dance around the place. Sure it may sound very Sleepover Club but when do you get the chance to do things like this anymore!!!!! Let your hair down!!

Hope you have fun....after all, isn't that what girls just wanna have!?:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭aoife161

Xiney wrote: »
    umm...

nice long bath?

Then wrap yourself in a fluffly bathrobe with a cuppa (or glass of wine) and a good book :D

Actually I got the first two books in the 'Twilight' series, which I'll have to give a go. Yes...I should definitely read them! Although now I'm on my third bottle of 'Moosehead' beer, I might leave the reading for tomorrow..:D:D:D
    Beth1978 wrote: »
    Hi OP!!!
    Get some girlies around, put on all those movies he hates to watch...

Great idea, I have a few trusty girlies which should be up for it!! Hmm...maybe even a chinese..(feck it, I can walk it off Sunday right!?)

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,918 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Don't forget a nice tub of ice cream :)

aoife161 wrote: »
    Hmm...maybe even a chinese..(feck it, I can walk it off Sunday right!?)

Totally!!!! You don't even need to walk it off, you'll have danced it off whilst trying to imitate Baby and Johnny's moves in DD!!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭SeekUp

Beth1978 wrote: »
    Totally!!!! You don't even need to walk it off, you'll have danced it off whilst trying to imitate Baby and Johnny's moves in DD!!!:D

And you can work off even more when your man gets back Sunday evening. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭aoife161

i'm probably going to be killed for this, but i've never seen Dirty Dancing. Well not fully, i've seen bits and pieces of it. So I should probably get that one in for 2moro night!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

i've never seen Dirty Dancing

Shame on you :eek::o:P

Get it out for tomorrow, it's great

OP...get thee to a dvd store over the wk/nd and get Dirty Dancing, it should be around the €8-10 mark. I grew up on that movie and I still love it to this day. Even if you hate it, it'll still be something to do with the girlies.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,918 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

i'm probably going to be killed for this, but i've never seen Dirty Dancing. Well not fully, i've seen bits and pieces of it. So I should probably get that one in for 2moro night!!

Don't feel bad, I only saw it myself for the first time about 2 months ago. Two girlfriends discovered I'd never seen it, and I was frog-marched to the living room and deposited on the couch to watch it ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Go out Saturday night?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Dont worry about working the calories off... The oh should give you a hand there when he comes back :D:D In fact store your energy ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

My family are away and I'm flyig off to join them on Wednesday so I have the house to myself for a few days. It's great, I didn't change out of my pyjamas and spent all day yesterday watching TV and playing the Wii :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,909 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

"Look at me...I'm walkin' around my kitchen...naked"

:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭beaushalloe

open your wardrobe doors, and try on all your clothes! see what fits and what dosnt, try different combos, shoes accessories included! i love getting time to do this, and it usually ends up in some nice new outfits, and a clear out without you realizing you've done it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

bit laye but i love doinga facemask!

MJOR wrote: »
    bit laye but i love doinga facemask!

oooh that reminds me.

I'm gonna put one on later.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

^ Oh yes! I have one somewhere in my room. I shall do that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

LOVE A FACEMASK!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭aloevera

so what did you end doing in the end.

cant beat some time to yourself.

• Advertisement

bodyshop tea tree oil facemask on as we speak!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭SeekUp

Well, Aoife, how did you spend your weekend?

Advertisement