Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turkish Delight

• 19-06-2009 8:49pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Who actually eats this stuff?? It's awful, it's the most vile thing I've ever tasted.. Even the stuff coated in chocolate is disgusting.. Someone brought me back a box of 'the real thing' from Turkey, took one nibble and almost threw up... Who here likes it???

Turkish Delight? 79 votes

Work of the Divil
    0% 0 votes
    Love the stuff, Turk me up
    29% 23 votes
    Meh, could take it or leave it
    70% 56 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Yeah, it's awful stuff.

It should be called International Disgust.

Some of my friends love it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

It's very popular with junkies. How multicultural of them!

I had some of the real stuff in Turkey and it was OK, but you wouldn't want to eat piles of it. Even the Turks didn't seem to be particularly delighted with it. More like "Turkish Mehh".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

FruitLover wrote: »

yeah whats that about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

FruitLover wrote: »
    frag420 wrote: »
    yeah whats that about?

Foil wrapping is useful drug paraphernalia. I think Cadbury's have stopped using it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

I like Cadburys Turkish, or Frys' Turkish - yum yum

But not that real stuff, in a box powdered, oh god I'd vomit

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I don't mind it. I used to like the frys one a lot but I'm gone off it now. I think I prefer the real stuff. But in small doses. What flavour is the green one?

And regarding junkies, I think the foil was thicker on turkish delight than on any other bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭emperor_krunchy

awful stuff

I'd rather die of starvation tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

i prefer the real shtuff over cadburys and frys - wouldnt go out of my way to get it in a million years but if given a box ... sure il just eat it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sillyputty

I had the real stuff as a kid in Turkey and i loved it, have never been able to have the Cadburys since.
    My brother thinks it tastes like perfume.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

I can't stand the stuff, its disgusting!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

love the real stuff, fry's is not bad too but wouldn't eat it very often.

9 - 9 seems to be a love it or hate it

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭hop2it

i hate it it remind's me of smelly old women who put on load's of talcpowder rader than wash themself :(:(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I love it.

But not the cadbury's one, not enough of the jelly between the chocolate.

I love the sugar coated real deal stuff too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭wintear

The best is the Fry's Turkish delight as there is more of the Delight than in those small Cadburys squares. A good sized solid square.

The "REAL" stuff is not really as nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 82 ✭✭MandyM

I have an ex that could easily eat bars and bars of the Cadbury Turkish delight, which worked well for him 'cause he knew I wouldn't steal any of it :P

My mom likes the real thing with rose water or the pistachio, lemon etc, I kinda like the texture but really am not wild on the taste. Rose water is too perfume like for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭KokaNoodles

Real turkey is tasty as fook. I could eat a whole packet of those things

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

What Starpants said too. Its the first one i pick out of a Milk Tray box and love the Cadburys squares and Frys version...but hate the powdery jelly stuff you get on hols. One of my friends said its like "eating pot pourri and chocolate" ..then eats the coffee ones which is just weird :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Love the Fry's version, although it's a tad expensive. The Cadbury's one is alright. The real deal? Not my cuppa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭BaileysComet

Not sure if you mean Cadburys Turkish Delight or that purple-y pink square thing. Same answer either way, blurgh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I absolutely love the Pink (rose) Turkish Delight that you get in Turkey. So good...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

I love the stuff especially the fry's version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Cassidy1

the frys one is ok dont know about the cadburys one

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Its my favourite choclate bar, love the frys version then i finish it off with 2 cadbury ones and a nice cold Pepsi:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭jahalpin

I've tried a few different types of turkish delight and the only one that I like in any way is Frys Turkish Delight.

The chocolate is very nice and the rose jelly is really nice, especially when the bar has been in the fridge for a few hours beforehand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 793 ✭✭✭damoz

Just ate a Frys.... been a while since ive had one - not bad. Low fat, but full or sugar :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Just back from Cyprus and I've got a taste for real Turkish delight. Do any shops in Dublin stock the cubes of it like you get abroad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 280 ✭✭Jenroche

I have a longing for a bar of Fry's now after reading this thread. Love the Cadbury and Frys ones but find the 'real' stuff a bit overpowering.

Jen ;->

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Pythia wrote: »
    Just back from Cyprus and I've got a taste for real Turkish delight. Do any shops in Dublin stock the cubes of it like you get abroad?
    I could be wrong but I think I have a vague recollection of seeing it in M&S before?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 608 ✭✭✭mockler007

Earthhorse wrote: »
    Foil wrapping is useful drug paraphernalia. I think Cadbury's have stopped using it now.

eh the frys packets would melt if you tried to do gear on it, member being on a bus home to tallaght, a junkie got on, fuked his kit kat out the window and lit up the foil, i mentioned to him that this was expensive way to do drugs and that dunnes do rolls of the stuff for the same price, dis was a few years back when kitkats were in the old wrappers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

I tried some of the Turkish Delight from the sweets stall in the ILAC recently, and was pleasantly surprised - very tasty.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement