Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Finding a NICE Tax & Insurance Disc Holder

• 19-06-2009 9:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭

^^^^ As per title

I am looking for a nice Tax & Insurance disc holder instead of the Autoglass one I have.

Ebay only brings up UK Style Round ones.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

In Ireland your basically stuck with either a plain coloured one or one advertising autoglass/insurance company/car dealer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

had a link in here to a site in england,then re-read your post and realised they were all round!! doh!,could you trim the insurance disk a bit:D?

there was a celica near me that had 3 round chrome ones up the left of the windscreen i never looked close enough to see how he got the nct and insurance disk in!P11488839.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I know Vagdriver.net have them but as Im only a Noob I do not want to be advertising a website I will not frequent enough.

Likewise, would I have a boards.ie tax disc holder?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I would like to get my hands on a black 3 disc holder, they tend to be less in your face than the standard white ones that seem to be only ones available. :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

the black ones are everywhere in the garages though i nicked my black ones from work :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Owenw

I had a plain black one for a while, but it soaked up the heat on sunny days and peeled off the screen within a few months. :(

Try your local motor factors if you still want one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,840 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Anyone have a 2 disc holder (commercial no NCT display needed) they don't need and could post to me or know where I could pick one up for a euro and not a €5.99 which I fear they might cost for a bit of plastic :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

cormie wrote: »
    Anyone have a 2 disc holder (commercial no NCT display needed) they don't need and could post to me or know where I could pick one up for a euro and not a €5.99 which I fear they might cost for a bit of plastic :pac:

Ask Autoglass or similar for them.

They come as three but they just cut off the NCT one if you dont need it. Im sure a van driver will happily just give you one.

Free Advertising.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

cormie wrote: »

I'm sure I have one around, I'll take a look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

freely available from garages, insurance companies, windscreen replacement firms & got some nice ones from my co. council office when I was taxing the car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

I hate the size of the blasted things, so I chopped mine up with a pair of scissors. So now the holder is no bigger than the size of the disks themselves and is stuck as far down to the left as possible, nice and neat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,012 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Laminate the discs and then cut to size. No tacky advertising and it's neat and tidy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

This is the ultimate one for your tax disk :D

http://twitpic.com/r8fb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

I suppose the smart answer is that insurance and nct don't issue discs, as a disc is circular.....
    I've the nct in my old corolla stuck up upsidedown with insulation tape at the top and bottom...
    some of that clear contact for covering books might work too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

bladebrew wrote: »
    had a link in here to a site in england,then re-read your post and realised they were all round!! doh!,could you trim the insurance disk a bit:D?

Oh God, don't do that it's illegal... there's laws to what size an insurance disc has to be...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,840 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I'm sure I have one around, I'll take a look.

Great :) even had a PM offering to post me one too. Good oul boards :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I still can't get the need to have 3 discs on your windscreen, in the UK it's just tax - because to have tax, you have to have Insurance and an MOT. In Poland it's better again, just a small holographic 1 inch x 2.5 inch sticker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

This is the ultimate one for your tax disk :D

http://twitpic.com/r8fb

That is fecking brilliant :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Look at our driving licenses ffs.

This is Ireland, home to the slow at getting anything updated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Oh God, don't do that it's illegal... there's laws to what size an insurance disc has to be...
    Why? sure even if you're stopped with regular discs you may have to produce your cert at a station anyway...

I have 3 circular ones. I fold the discs and keep my insurance cert and NCT cert in the car with me too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement