Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What weird things happen to you that prob don't happen to anyone else?

• 19-06-2009 9:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

For me...whenever I eat an apple part of my gum bleeds at the top and I always see a bit of blood on the apple...a few tiny bits...always stops after the third bite though and only happens with apples!!! :eek:

How about you?

Comments

Sorry but you're not unique and they do happen to other people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Ah yes, the blood apple issue, former sufferer myself.

Weird things that happen to me and not others? When I feel up Angelina Jolie she gets pissed but when Brad Pitt does it it's "ok".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

All the weird **** that happens to me is unique to me,;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Well its rare enough, but I get random nose-bleeds every now and again. It was far more frequent as a child, but only happened in the summer.

P.s. Happens to me too. Only take small bites from apples, that seems to sort it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

I molt (sp) like a snake twice a year. My skin peels back from my face and scalp, you can actually lift it back like a scene from V

its quite strange, possibly not unique

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,159 ✭✭✭frag420

i keep seeing the number 420.

on digital clocks, taxi meters, watches, cash registers etc. freakin weird i tells ya.

Hence the name

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭antiskeptic

kingtut wrote: »

Had a motorcycle with a broken "petrol is low" warning light once. Generally I'd see the gauge needle on the low side and remember to tank up. But sometimes I'd forget and head off to/back from work.

When the bike ran out of petrol it'd splutter for about half a mile or so then the engine would cut out completely and you'd roll to a stop in a few hundred yards.

I ran out of petrol 7 times on that bike and each of those 7 times I rolled onto a garage forecourt!

I got a maths expert to figure out the chances of that happening (given mileages to work, garage frequency on my commute route, etc) and he reckoned chances less than 1 in a zillionth of a zillion (or some such Very Large Number)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Abigayle wrote: »
    Well its rare enough, but I get random nose-bleeds every now and again. It was far more frequent as a child, but only happened in the summer.
    [ralph]The doctor says my nose wouldnt bleed so much if I kept my finger outta there[/ralph]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

I got a maths expert to figure out the chances of that happening (given mileages to work, garage frequency on my commute route, etc) and he reckoned chances less than 1 in a zillionth of a zillion (or some such Very Large Number)

There's more than 1,000,000 one in a million things that could happen in your life :).

Slidey wrote: »
    [ralph]The doctor says my nose wouldnt bleed so much if I kept my finger outta there[/raplh] (paraphrasing here)

Or if I didn't have a sinus problem :p

[Dr Nick] Hi everybody! I will now operate on de sinus! [/DN]

/ Y incision

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

I keep stumbling across stupid threads... Sorry...

If someone gets a slap in the head or an electric shock..I get a big mad shiver through my head and then down my body. I have a weird nervous system (That also doesn't allow me to touch ice lolly sticks)

I 'went down' on a new gf at the time and got a random nose bleed when I was down there.

Sweet jebus it was embarrassing :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Ardscoil Ris

I get a pain in mt balls whenever I visit After Hours.

I 'went down' on a new gf at the time and got a random nose bleed when I was down there.

Actually excitement / Stress / anxiety are the main offenders... Stressed out were ya? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Are you sure it was you?

/gets coat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

TheZohan wrote: »
    Are you sure it was you?

/gets coat

I was waiting for someone to say that.

My right index finger has some sort of extra bone in it that clicks and wiggles when I bend it. Pretty sure I'm alone on that one...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

I get this horrible weird thing whenever I go to the barbers...

You know when they get that razor type thing to shave round the back and sides of your head? Whenever the barber uses that, I get a proper shock/shiver right down my spine.. a really sharp pain, I physically twinge (And have to try and hide it)

I really don't know what it is :/

My right index finger has some sort of extra bone in it that clicks and wiggles when I bend it. Pretty sure I'm alone on that one...

Me too. But I knew he'd be along shortly :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Trinity wrote: »
    I molt (sp) like a snake twice a year. My skin peels back from my face and scalp, you can actually lift it back like a scene from V

its quite strange, possibly not unique

pics or gtf :D :pac:

I can't get what i mean out of my head half the time really anoying :( as in my though process is like 5 million times faster then the speed it takes to get to the keys if that makes sense probably not but hey....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

kingtut wrote: »
    For me...whenever I eat an apple part of my gum bleeds at the top and I always see a bit of blood on the apple...a few tiny bits...always stops after the third bite though and only happens with apples!!!

Ehhh....that's not some cute quirky little thing you've got going on there, that's pretty much a classic sign of gum disease or at the very least unhealthy gums, and the "it only happens with apples, go figure!" thing is because apples are kinda hard and, you know, white, so blood shows up on them.

Anyhoo, I have a lucky number, 23, and I see it so often it's freaky, I even won $180 when I put $5 bet on it on Roulette in Vegas. It comes up on flight numbers, assigned seats in planes, assigned Airport Gates, fortune cookies, addresses of places I've worked, it's weird.

It's linked to my dead grandmother, like to think it keeps me safe :)

*sits back and waits for the fine people of AH to ruin this for me in some harsh harsh way*

• Advertisement

My two middle fingers are like this.
    frag420 wrote: »
    i keep seeing the number 420.

on digital clocks, taxi meters, watches, cash registers etc. freakin weird i tells ya.

Hence the name

I keep seeing the number 376.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Spadina wrote: »

It's linked to my dead grandmother, like to think it keeps me safe :)

*sits back and waits for the fine people of AH to ruin this for me in some harsh harsh way*

I remember when I was linked to your grandmother. :pac:

/you're welcome

dammit this is what happens when you skip posts, i do the same with books

pics or gtf :D :pac:

I can't get what i mean out of my head half the time really anoying :( as in my though process is like 5 million times faster then the speed it takes to get to the keys if that makes sense probably not but hey....

Next time i will take pics!!

Yeah i'm like that, or it sounds good in my head but then i type it arseways and it loses teh funneh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,195 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

bluewolf wrote: »
    Sorry but you're not unique...

Of course he is! Everyone is unique.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Keogg

My thought trains are extremely unpredictable and random. I always end up thinking 'I wonder who else if thinking this at this time?'

That's bound not to be unique, but its pretty weird to me, and I couldn't think of anything else better to say...

Actually, when I'm writing things down really fast (writing not typing) I always throw in wrong letters or if i'm writing 'or' and the nest word begins with an 'f' I'll end up writing 'of'.
    Thats probably not unique either, but meh. It's not dyslexia, because it only starting happening recently, unless dyslexia strikes at random points in peoples life.

Woah, EndRant sorry!:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Ok this is gonna sound really weird and prob disgusting but sometimes (very rarely!) when I yawn a tiny little bit of saliva will squirt out like a jet!!!! Does this happen to anyone else?..........anyone?.........no?........

Ill get my coat.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

I get banned from AH from time to time for no apparent reason.... Everyone else gets a free for all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,195 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Dean09 wrote: »
    Ok this is gonna sound really weird and prob disgusting but sometimes (very rarely!) when I yawn a tiny little bit of saliva will squirt out like a jet!

Sorry to say but yes, it happens to me. :D

• Advertisement

Ok this is gonna sound really weird and prob disgusting but sometimes (very rarely!) when I yawn a tiny little bit of saliva will squirt out like a jet!!!! Does this happen to anyone else?..........anyone?.........no?........

Ill get my coat.........

I'm not the only one?
    Oh thank God!:pac:
    its terrible if i'm reading or something then i get saliva on my book :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Keogg wrote: »
    I'm not the only one?
    Oh thank God!:pac:
    its terrible if i'm reading or something then i get saliva on my book :mad:
    Well thank f*ck for that!!
    I thought I was the only weird venom squirting, half man half velociraptor thingy! :D

Well thank f*ck for that!!
    I thought I was the only weird venom squirting, half man half velociraptor thingy! :D
    Raptors aren't the ones who spit venom its... ah crap I have to watch jurassic park again.
    Damn limited dinosaur knowledge. To the internet! *runs away*

EDIT: and yes I am aware of the irony of me posting that on the internet but i don't care!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

parts of my arms and legs will go stone cold, for example my wrist to my elbow on the outside of the arm will go cold or one part of my leg. Its happened since i was a child.

It will be stone cold to the touch, bloody painful also. Never happened though when sitting with a doctor though.

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    Never happened though when sitting with a doctor though.
    Thats so typical! And unfortunate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

Everytime I sit in my sisters car and get out I immediately earth and get a fair old static shock. I have taken to closing the car door by either touching it with a sleeve if in a jumper or else the glass of the window to avoid shocks. Also when I was on holidays in the US last year I kept getting them. I really don't know why put I am very prone to static shocks! You should see me handling RAM I am fairly nervous as one shock and its down the tubes for the ram sticks. I usually ground myself of a radiator pipe first.

Birds also like to take aim on my head!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭Dartz

Got hit by a train and walked away from it.

The hit by a train part has happened to a lot of people
    The walking away part, not so much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Keogg wrote: »
    Raptors aren't the ones who spit venom its... ah crap I have to watch jurassic park again.
    Damn limited dinosaur knowledge. To the internet! *runs away*

EDIT: and yes I am aware of the irony of me posting that on the internet but i don't care!
    Dinonychis although im not sure they spat in real life

I didnt even have to look that up:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,983 ✭✭✭Degag

Had a motorcycle with a broken "petrol is low" warning light once. Generally I'd see the gauge needle on the low side and remember to tank up. But sometimes I'd forget and head off to/back from work.

When the bike ran out of petrol it'd splutter for about half a mile or so then the engine would cut out completely and you'd roll to a stop in a few hundred yards.

I ran out of petrol 7 times on that bike and each of those 7 times I rolled onto a garage forecourt!

Not much of a maths expert if he used the term "zillion"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Every time i see the video for Freedom, Robbie Williams version, i feel sick. I'm not joking either.

Dartz wrote: »
    Got hit by a train and walked away from it.

The hit by a train part has happened to a lot of people
    The walking away part, not so much.
    That why you chose the nick Dartz?? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Overblood

Does that mean that there's a really high chance of it happening?

super-rush wrote: »
    Every time i see the video for Freedom, Robbie Williams version, i feel sick. I'm not joking either.

Oh I'm with you on that one. Fcuking revolting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 andy23

the screaming..........the constant screaming................i wont do it..........nooooo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

yesterday I was in the middle of a really important operation on trauma centre 2 and my wiimote ran out of battery :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Whenever i eat a mint or chew a mint chewing gum i sneeze once, only once!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Jazz music actually makes me physically ill. I'm not sure why. It's the only genre of music that makes me feel like I want to throw up. Problem is I still like some of it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Overblood

Anytime I take a sip of coke or any other fizzy drink, I get a huge & pretty violent hiccup that makes me almost choke if I drink a few sips in successsion. No matter how small or large the sip is. It's fierce annoying. Doesn't happen with beer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Walked into Rathmines post office (the one that had the knitting shop at the back) a few years ago and a robbery takes place. Only problem was it looked like they were all acting. Followed the guy out of the shop but lost him. Went back to the PO and the place was full of guards - at least 25 cops. Then had to go to the station to make a statement and suddenly realised that it wasn't a robbery but some kind of set up/training exercise/movie set experience. Had to play along with the whole thing as if it was real. This definitely has never happened to anyone else :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭Dartz

That why you chose the nick Dartz?? :D

Funnily enough, yes... it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

bluewolf wrote: »
    Sorry but you're not unique and they do happen to other people

I never said I was unique :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement