Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

His "number"

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

[quote=[Deleted User];60845713]Yup, my BF is the same with the 'what's the problem?' attitude, yet I know if he were to meet my ex, he'd feel exactly the same. I think it's natural to feel awkward.[/QUOTE]

Ugh....I was dragged along to a birthday party of one of my better halfs ex's. Horrible, horrible experience. Truly awful. I can't remember why I wasn't more assertive at the time, but there's no way in hell I'd put up with it now.
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Khannie wrote: »
    Ugh....I was dragged along to a birthday party of one of my better halfs ex's. Horrible, horrible experience. Truly awful. I can't remember why I wasn't more assertive at the time, but there's no way in hell I'd put up with it now.

I see my boyfriend's exes all the time. At his leaving party I was sitting at a table with two of them chatting away. I honestly don't think he thinks it's a big deal and hasn't even considered that I'd have a problem with it. He has one of those big groups of friends from his area, so everyone has been with everyone - I've never had that so I find it hard to understand. I have a few friends who were friends with my ex as well, and that's it. None of these friends know my current bf. I prefer it that way and I would prefer my bf to be like this as well, but unfortunately he prefers to keep everyone in his life and mingle them all! :rolleyes:

When I first met him, I actually wrote him off as a potential bf because he was so close to one particular ex, and I said I'd hate that in a boyfriend, couldn't be bothered with it. It's obviously no longer a big deal but I'd still prefer things to be different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

In a row?! :eek:

There's no truer expression, every man wants to go to bed with a whore and wake up with a virgin. You like that thing she does, but you don't wanna know how she learned it :D

I don't want either Vinny. I don't know what your preferences are but leave me outa da generalize :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

[quote=[Deleted User];60881576]I see my boyfriend's exes all the time. At his leaving party I was sitting at a table with two of them chatting away. I honestly don't think he thinks it's a big deal and hasn't even considered that I'd have a problem with it. He has one of those big groups of friends from his area, so everyone has been with everyone - I've never had that so I find it hard to understand. I have a few friends who were friends with my ex as well, and that's it. None of these friends know my current bf. I prefer it that way and I would prefer my bf to be like this as well, but unfortunately he prefers to keep everyone in his life and mingle them all! :rolleyes:

When I first met him, I actually wrote him off as a potential bf because he was so close to one particular ex, and I said I'd hate that in a boyfriend, couldn't be bothered with it. It's obviously no longer a big deal but I'd still prefer things to be different.[/QUOTE]

I could have written that! Exact same situation. Took me a while to get used to it.
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭She Devil

I know, i asked right away, his is waaaaaay lower than mine. He didnt want to know mine. Of that i am glad!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

I wouldn't want to know! The past is the past. So long as I like him, he likes me, and we both are STI-free (hey, a little rhyme!), it's all good, in my eyes!

I wouldn't want to be judged by the number of people I've slept with so I'd never judge someone on theirs. Everyone's different and their sexual choices and preferences should be respected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭IceICEbaby

I brought this with my current boyfriend really early in the relationship. Couldn't help myself...ha

He's 20 and has been with around 20 girls. According to him, only about 4 of them meant anything at all.
    Apparantly he had a gf cheat on him and "went a bit crazy" after that

Honestly, I found this is little hard to stomach at first. It does seem a lot. Probably because I'm 19 and had only been with 2 guys!

I guess I felt a little intimidated that he'd been with so many more people than me...
    In the end though, I realised that it doesn't really matter.
    He was honest with me (which was hard for him) and he's great guy.
    Number are just that...numbers.

Advertisement