Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent Allowance in Maynooth

Options
  • 19-06-2009 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

I have been unemployed for a few month and I have decided to go to Maynooth to do Post Grad in September but wish to move to the town asap.
    I was wondering how hard it would be to get a landlord to accept rent allowance as I will be on the Back to Education Allowance.

I would be greatful of any offers or suggestions.
    Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭dangerus06

as far as i know u have to be on the council list now for rent allowence and all the property that u can rent have to be approved by the council first i think they have a list of property and landlords i not sure but i dont think u can just rent anywhere they have to be approved go on kildare county council web site there be more info for you good luck:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11 eire_sai

Thats all sorted now, I just need a landlord who will offer me a place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Verbal_Kint

im moving to maynooth next month and i will be on the btea so will need to get rent allowance also.

what was your experiences in how easy it was to find suitable accommodation and what is the story with kildare county council having to look the place over first?

Advertisement