Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

professor.professor

• 19-06-2009 9:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭

i was just wondering who the people in here think the worst professor in ul is and why also who is the nicest and why.professor

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

I dont think this thread will lead anywhere good tbh.

Its also against the charter iirc to name/badmouth lecturers is it not?

I'll wait for the mods to give this the go ahead or not before posting any comments on lecturers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

my son is going to ul next year and all i want is some advice the truth reallyi dont want to start anything or get any one in trouble just some advice on how to deal with the professers whoyou can talk to easy ect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Depends on the course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭TheKnowledge

In Engineering, <snip> is one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. Amazing lecturer aswell, you learn things without even realising. He's also the founder of Stokes Research Institute in UL, so very approachable for doing postgrads.

There's only 4/5 Professors in Engineering, all of which are really nice guys and excellent lecturers, loads of Doctors though. The worst Dr is probably <snip> (I wont give his full name, you can have a look on the website to guess who it is). Simply terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Dr. Baltar

I can honestly say that <snip> (Sociology) is one of then ices lectures in the university and goes out of her way to help you.
    The only "bad" professional I've come across is this guy:

• Advertisement

<snip> is the best lecturer I ever had although not very approachable :D. As for <snip>... oh dear god... 2 semesters... a disaster

hopefully he is going to get an engineering course in limk he has an uncle in castleroy he can stay with so that will help we have being told most prof can be helpfull 1 or 2 awkward

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

Lads, although you have mostly nice things to say, naming lecturers and what not is against the charter.
    Bad mouthing or naming of Lecturers/Students is not allowed on this forum as boards.ie does not want to be a creator of a rumour mill.

tfitzgerald, it completely depends on the course. Just like everything else theres good ones and bad ones, and this applies to professors too!

the last thing i want to do is get anyone in trouble so petee close this if you want to thanks everyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭reunion

ok im doing engineering in ul atm, i'm not going to bad mouth anyone, they are all the same really, they are all approachable, although some seem like they aren't, if a student is in trouble or needs help they will gladly point you in the right direction or help you provided you show up to lecturers and do study/work.

The professors in ul are going to be the same as everywhere else some really nice guys and some not so nice guys, no matter how good a professor is your still going to have to study...

there is a maths learning centre in ul and there are many tutorials. What your son needs is to make friends with a few people in his course, and he will be fine.

• Advertisement
Advertisement