Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chocolate Cigarettes

Options
  • 19-06-2009 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,187 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know a UK store where these can be bought? Can get them from the US but the shipping quote was $70+ for 2 cartons which cost $48. Anyone ever bought these from the UK?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Are they not available over here any more? I used to have them as a kid.
    Maybe they are banned or at least shunned as they are in bad taste these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,187 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Saruman wrote: »
    Are they not available over here any more? I used to have them as a kid.
    Maybe they are banned or at least shunned as they are in bad taste these days.

Have looked for em, guy in the local shop which used to sell them said he can't get them anymore:( No choccy cigs for me I guess:(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Get cadburys fingers, they are close enough :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

What about the white candy ones, are they even still available? Never seen the choccy ones in years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Ahh candy sticks.. yes some places still have them, Barretts make them.

Chocolate cigarettes however... haven't seen them in nearly a year... :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I'm pretty sure chocolate cigarettes were banned as they were apparently encouraging children to smoke, and think of it as being cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Faith wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure chocolate cigarettes were banned as they were apparently encouraging children to smoke, and think of it as being cool.

Smoking is cool though, buying chocolate cigarettes never influenced me as a child, and I still turned out cigarettes.....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

GrumPy wrote: »
    Smoking is cool though

You and I know that, but the kids aren't supposed to figure it out until they're a bit older.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Aye I remember that - and then they changed the name to chocolate sticks or something.

(funny side story, amazing what kids pick up, my friends 17month old!! was out in the garden with her nan who was smoking (away from her) and she turned around to check she was ok, and she'd picked up a butt she found and had it stickin out of her mouth!!! kids are too quick!)

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭hop2it

Faith wrote: »

i'm pretty sure your right there . i used to love preteneding i was smokeing with the candy one's but i give them up for lent when i was about 25 moved onto lolly pops then. still get them for free:) when i get my hair cut happy day,s

• Advertisement
Advertisement