Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bolero Dog Chub in Lidl

• 19-06-2009 10:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭

They're only 45 cent but are they any good for dog's? I got a few tripe ones this evening.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

My dog doesn't like them... they actually make him throw up...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Remember giving one to one of my dogs years ago, don't think it agreed with her. Check out the ingredients on it if there is any sugar I'd avoid it. Dog food varies so much when it comes to protein etc. so perhaps compare it to some other brands.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭eyesofvenus

Personnaly I wouldn't feed any of my animals any of the stuff in lidl or aldi. I know a few people who do and have said their dog likes the stuff.

Would you be buying it as a main food or a supplementary?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭Lizard Queen

dry food is the best food to feed the dog, wet food without brushing the dogs teeth with lead to dental problems. With chaeper brands of food they generally just throw in random parts of meat and the meat changes depending on the seaon which will cause diaahorea and vomiting . i feed my dog hills i find it the best lots of protein.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Keep well away from it.

What do you expect for 45c? I've tried it and it runs straight through them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Triton

dry food is the best food to feed the dog, wet food without brushing the dogs teeth with lead to dental problems. With chaeper brands of food they generally just throw in random parts of meat and the meat changes depending on the seaon which will cause diaahorea and vomiting . i feed my dog hills i find it the best lots of protein.

I feed my dog James Wellbeloved but I'm just adding a tiny bit of these to each meal to see how they go down. She seems to be doing fine on them so far.

Maybe that's because I'm only going her about a quarter of one with each meal and not a full one. Its just to give the food a bit more flavour as she's not a great eater and isn't that keen on the dry food unless I add a bit of fish or dog food or egg to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

When I bought my pup the breeder gave me a tube of this stuff cuz apparently she loved it. The smell of it was enough to make me want to be sick. And it ran through her. I make sure my dogs will eat their dry food with nothing or just some oil in it. Or else they expect something in it everytime. Which isn't helpful if you don't have something one of the days. They get their meat separately.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭eyesofvenus

Maybe that's because I'm only going her about a quarter of one with each meal and not a full one. Its just to give the food a bit more flavour as she's not a great eater and isn't that keen on the dry food unless I add a bit of fish or dog food or egg to it.
    Dry food is the only way to go with cats/dogs IMO. In regards giving your pet a little something extra have you not tried the stuff Baker's do? Allsorts/rashers? They're only about €1.70 in tesco and will last a week giving one/two a day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭Munster Gal

Triton, James Wellbeloved is a good complete food and she doesn't need anything else. Just give her the dry food and nothing else - if you keep adding 'tasty bits' she'll get fussy. No dog ever starved from stubborness;) Just make sure she has plenty of water and feed her regularly and she'll be fine unless there's a concern about her weight?
    That Lidl chub is nasty stuff and alot of dogs get very sick from it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Saxnet

DO NOT - I REPEAT DO NOT! BUY YOUR DOG LIDL WET FOOD!

I cannot get my dog off it, I've bought one, and am now weaning her off with wet tinned food and dry food. She has never been fussy about food, she will literally eat anything.

I feel like an awful owner now I have given her something which she is obsessed with, it's like a Cat nip but for dogs!!

I'm having to leave her until she's hungry for her to want to eat. It's been 2days, if she's not better by the next she's off to the vets.

I'm so upset over it, this should not be on sale if you cannot get your dog to not eat.

I was using it as a supplement, I mixed it with the dry food as now and then she won't touch dry because of how hard it is. I even wet the dry food to make it a little bit softer, hoping she will eat it but nothing.

Again, DO NOT buy it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Saxnet wrote: »
    DO NOT - I REPEAT DO NOT! BUY YOUR DOG LIDL WET FOOD!

I cannot get my dog off it, I've bought one, and am now weaning her off with wet tinned food and dry food. She has never been fussy about food, she will literally eat anything.

I feel like an awful owner now I have given her something which she is obsessed with, it's like a Cat nip but for dogs!!

I'm having to leave her until she's hungry for her to want to eat. It's been 2days, if she's not better by the next she's off to the vets.

I'm so upset over it, this should not be on sale if you cannot get your dog to not eat.

I was using it as a supplement, I mixed it with the dry food as now and then she won't touch dry because of how hard it is. I even wet the dry food to make it a little bit softer, hoping she will eat it but nothing.

Again, DO NOT buy it.

Saxnet , are you seriously suggesting your dogs ' addiction '' to LIDL wet food is something to do with the food itself ?
    Your dog would have reacted that way were it Chum or indeed any of the numerous brands of wet food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭planetX

I couldn't bring myself to buy something called 'chub' :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Ah , shyte and onions anyway - this thread is 2.5 years old :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Locking

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement