Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Klopfgeist - Unsung Logic Hero.

Options
  • 19-06-2009 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭

All I can say is Wow.

I've meant to investigate this low key Chap for ages. Jono Buchanan in FM is always going on about it in his Logic Tips. He gets his students in College to make whole tracks as an excercise, just using Klopfgeist & FX - Nothing else.

I thought it was just a metronome.. & although you can get different tones from it, I supposed that it would be a bit complicated to use.

But.. I was surprised to see the presets that it comes with. Its got Ticks, lovely round Deep Bass & some zappy noises. Its kinda got the 808/909thing going on with the Rim & Pitched Tom Melody / Bassline sound that you hear in all the Tech / House stuff. Although the controls are simple, its also got a detune dial, which is good for phattening up whatever. Cant believe its been there all this time!

The Bass in paticular is perfect. So low & round. Its actually the Bass sound that I'm always searching for. I've also been messing around with delays on some of the higher sounds. Great stuff.

Anyone else been using it / got examples of how they have used it?

If you've got Logic & havent used it, then take a look.

You'll be surprised!! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

ive used the ticks before.there nice but im trying to get away from using them as i use em in every track of mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭ICN

seannash wrote: »
    ive used the ticks before.there nice but im trying to get away from using them as i use em in every track of mine.

Boom! shake-shake-shake the room

tic-tic-tic-tic
    Boom!

the the f-f-f-f-fresh p-p-p-prince is who I am

so tell my mother that I never wrote a whack jam

but some times I get n-nervous and start to stutter

and I f-fumble every word for word I utter.. etc.. :cool: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

anyone know how to stop it clicking.if it were a synth id adjust the attack but theres no envelope on this thing.

bass does sound nice but its clicking on every note

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭ICN

seannash wrote: »
    anyone know how to stop it clicking.if it were a synth id adjust the attack but theres no envelope on this thing.

bass does sound nice but its clicking on every note

Yeah, that is annoying alright. Seems to be a common thing with most of the Logic Synths.. and usually easy to fix.

I think its a velocity thing with Klopfgeist. I've played in a few bits & then gone in to copy the notes that dont click.

It doesnt like overlapping either.

Advertisement