Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any tips for playing this song?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

Yeah. About 10 years of study and lump in some natural ability, a sense of rhythm and inate sense of grove....

Seriously though it's not too bad. Mostly uses the same/simliar shapes (apart from odd dimished ones he throws in between those altered suspended shapes he plays for the majority (sweet chords) moves them around. The hard part for me was the thumb bit becasue I don't play thumb over the top (have a wide neck classical guitar so it's impossible unless you've hands like rachmaninov). I did have to check a few tabs - figuring it by ear is next to impossible becasue everything staccato and funky. Very cool guy hadn't seen him before.
    So similar so something on princes acoustic albumn.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭emperor_krunchy

yeah he's ridiculously good in fairness

I've got the chord shapes down and a bit of the way he plays it ....
    he slaps and plucks with his thumb and index finger at the same time...crazy stuff

but so far my progress is going well :D

thanks for the reply

Advertisement