Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bad news for the millions of Candice and Sim Snuka fans here....

• 19-06-2009 11:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭

They have been released.
    World Wrestling Entertainment has come to terms on the release of SmackDown Superstar Candice Michelle as of today, June 19, 2009. WWE wishes Candice the best in all future endeavors.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/10579966

World Wrestling Entertainment has come to terms on the release of Raw Superstar Sim Snuka as of today, June 19, 2009. WWE wishes Sim the best in all future endeavors.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/10579908

Candice did improve when she became champion but once she got injured again, the writing was on the wall. Snuka was lucky to last this long.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I honestly thought Candice was released ages ago, just one of those people you dont miss at all when they're gone, Snuka was inevitable, being flattened by Taker is probably what he'll be forever remembered for

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

krudler wrote: »
    I honestly thought Candice was released ages ago, just one of those people you dont miss at all when they're gone, Snuka was inevitable, being flattened by Taker is probably what he'll be forever remembered for

Expect to see Candice in TNA, i actually think she can work will in the knockouts division provided she can stay injury free. Candice/Tara vs The Beautiful People would be awesome to watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Not surprised about Candice, especially considering she was apparently saying she wouldn't be resigning when her contract was up at the end of the year. So much for her saying she was returning in July.

Thought they had high hopes for Sim, when he wasn't released when his tag partner was, oh well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I feel bad for Candice. Really worked hard in 2007 and improved a great deal. I agree with SR that she'll end up in TNA and I reckon she could do well there. Certainly a lot more capable than most women wrestlers.

I feel bad for Candice. Really worked hard in 2007 and improved a great deal. I agree with SR that she'll end up in TNA and I reckon she could do well there. Certainly a lot more capable than most women wrestlers in that New York cesspool of a promotion.

Fixed your post. That's quite alright, you can thank me later. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I feel bad for Candice. Really worked hard in 2007 and improved a great deal. I agree with SR that she'll end up in TNA and I reckon she could do well there. Certainly a lot more capable than most women wrestlers.

I dunno if she really will be arsed with TNA, their were reports that she was not exactly killing herself to get back to the WWE a few weeks ago. I am sure she has others things in the pipeline.We should never forget that she had the worst music ever as well. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

I pretty much forgot Snuka was still around to be honest. I don't think TNA will bring in Candice, the Knockouts division (are their roster in general) is a little bloated at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭thealltimelow

about time they there gone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,294 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I still think WWE missed a trick by not having Snuka in The Legacy. Fair enough, he was never that great. But they needed a big enforcer type and keeping with the generational theme of Legacy, he was pretty much the only option. I doubt Shane O Mac would have been taking out The Legacy all on his own if Snuka had still been there. Would have brought a bit more credibility to them as a powerful group.

Although since they didn't do that, no point keeping him around

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

I still think WWE missed a trick by not having Snuka in The Legacy.

If not only to have someone to job out all the time and give a little protection to jobbers that have too much potential to be jobbers Ted DiBiase and Cody Rhodes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

I still think WWE missed a trick by not having Snuka in The Legacy. Fair enough, he was never that great. But they needed a big enforcer type and keeping with the generational theme of Legacy

you getting snuka mixed up with manu??

snuka wasn't a big enforcer type, standing beside orton he looked like a small guy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 397 ✭✭CommieBaz

I'm surprised it took WWE this long to release Sim Snuka, he had an almost WCW-esque "being paid to do bugger all" couple of months.

As for Candice.....well at least we don't have to hear that God-awful theme music anymore.*

*Until Dale Oliver remixes it for her TNA debut...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

She would be an idiot to go to TNA straight away.

Candice has more of a "promoting girl" feel rather than a diva/knockout.

I would not be surprised at all if i seen that she isnt bothered with doing wrstling at all anymore and became some poster girl for some company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

I remember reading someplace that WWE were thinking about using Sim Snuka as a commentator, when Superstars was in the works I believe, so I'm kinda a teeny weeny bit suprised he's been released...

rossie1977 wrote: »
    you getting snuka mixed up with manu??

snuka wasn't a big enforcer type, standing beside orton he looked like a small guy

I knew what he meant. Snuka would have been good as an enforcer to the likes of Cody and DiBiase while Orton was off chasing the title. That could have worked for a brief period while Snuka would have gotten some sort of rub from it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,294 ✭✭✭✭Penn

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    I knew what he meant. Snuka would have been good as an enforcer to the likes of Cody and DiBiase while Orton was off chasing the title. That could have worked for a brief period while Snuka would have gotten some sort of rub from it.

Exactly. Sorry, I suppose 'big enforcer' wasn't the best terminology, but just someone who would mostly accompany Priceless or Orton to their matches and help them make attacks on other superstars after matches and so forth.

Manu was big, but I'd never picture him as an enforcer. He just looked weak from the moment he joined. Snuka had more potential to fill that role, especially due to the 2nd generational theme of the group. I can't really think of anyone else who they could have gotten.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

I thought Candice was released ages ago and i couldnt think who Sim Snuka was (Deuce i remembered him by)

Both might do well in TNA if they go down there

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Crunkussion

Gerard.C wrote: »
    I remember reading someplace that WWE were thinking about using Sim Snuka as a commentator, when Superstars was in the works I believe, so I'm kinda a teeny weeny bit suprised he's been released...

To be honest it's only surprising they took this long to release him especially after he botched this with Taker at Wrestlemania.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

At least Deuce got to get on some sort of wrestlemania history plaque, now he will live on in the history of the WWE....

5871141783a11045180283l.jpg

Even if it is the undertakers one :p

*picture used in curtsey of Kane-n-nite productions....

Advertisement