Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help With my playing and singing?

• 19-06-2009 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

don't know if this is the right place but....

I've only been playing guitar just over a year and just two days ago learnt to sing and play at the same time..
    I had never really sang previously at all
    so I'm looking mainly for singing advice that will help me
    and just advice for keeping it smooth with the guitar and on time etc.

here's some random stuff i did today

http://www.muziboo.com/emperor_krunchy/music?order=2

any tips?

thanks

ps: please don't insult I already know I'm bad! :pac:

...just looking to improve myself

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Stratocaster

don't know if this is the right place but....

I've only been playing guitar just over a year and just two days ago learnt to sing and play at the same time..
    I had never really sang previously at all
    so I'm looking mainly for singing advice that will help me
    and just advice for keeping it smooth with the guitar and on time etc.

here's some random stuff i did today

http://www.muziboo.com/emperor_krunchy/music?order=2

any tips?

thanks

ps: please don't insult I already know I'm bad! :pac:

...just looking to improve myself

First tip I can give is don't knock yourself, there is tons of people out there not able to sing and play like you have. I had a listen and with a bit of work and confidence you can improve.

If your looking to sing and play your own music and have both flowing smoothly, work the guitar and vocal separate. While your singing ease off complicated strumming etc and concentrate on your vocals then jazz it up a bit etc during the vocal spaces.

When it comes to playing covers, there's only one word Practice. As you practice each song more and more your playing and vocals with become smooth naturally.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭emperor_krunchy

so should I just practice everything as much as possible?

or is there anything specific I can do to improve my voice?
    thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Stratocaster

so should I just practice everything as much as possible?

or is there anything specific I can do to improve my voice?
    thanks

Practice as often as you can, you will benefit from it. As the saying goes the more you practice the quicker you will become a better musician. Just don't completely over do it. Sometimes its good to put in a lot of practice then take a day or two without even listening to music. Then you get that buzz again when you come back to it.

Also a good tip is to pick a handful of songs and learn them off then turn up at a few open mics. Playing in front of an audience is also part of being a musician so you'll have to practice that too.

I am fairly new to the world of vocals, there's prob a few here that can provide good advice, so far what I have been working on is correct breathing technique and using the stomach muscles to kinda push out the notes. If you are really considering becoming a great singer would be best to attend vocal lessons one to one with an actual vocal teacher.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭emperor_krunchy

yeah I'd love to get lessons but can't really afford them at the moment,

what are the things you're doing for the correct breathing techniques and stomach muscles etc?

cheers for all the advice to date :)

Advertisement