Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SD card

• 19-06-2009 11:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭

Im looking for a cheap SD card for my camera. I ordered some online 2 weeks ago but still have not arrived and am heading away tomorrow.
    The last SD card I bought(2GB) cost nearly 40euro, but is there anywhere in Dublin I can get one cheaper?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

bought a 1G card in camera shop on Trinity St (Dub) for 7 quid yesterday. Where are you off to? Bought a 4g card for 5.40e in Italy last week.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

pc world/aldi/lidl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Argos have SanDisk Ultra II SD Memory Card 2GB. Cat No - 570/7724 for €10.79 which is down from €20.79. Quite a decent deal imho. They also do a SanDisk Ultra II SDHC Memory Card 4GB. Cat No - 570/7731 for €16.79 - previously was €27.79 (€11 discount).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 oldboots

snollup wrote: »
    bought a 1G card in camera shop on Trinity St (Dub) for 7 quid yesterday. Where are you off to? Bought a 4g card for 5.40e in Italy last week.

Just make sure that your camera will take an SDHC card.
    SD cards only goes up to 2Gb, 4,8,16,32GB are all SDHC--HC for High Capacity.
    A good indication of the price is the current price from Amazon.com--even though Amazon can only ship books ( no electronics sadly) to Dublin. However on amazon you will find some traders who will ship to Ireland.
    A branded 2GB ie Sandisk or Kingston or Toshiba should cost less than a tenner.
    Oldboots

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

oldboots wrote: »
    Just make sure that your camera will take an SDHC card.
    SD cards only goes up to 2Gb, 4,8,16,32GB are all SDHC--HC for High Capacity.
    A good indication of the price is the current price from Amazon.com--even though Amazon can only ship books ( no electronics sadly) to Dublin. However on amazon you will find some traders who will ship to Ireland.
    A branded 2GB ie Sandisk or Kingston or Toshiba should cost less than a tenner.
    Oldboots
    Amazon now ships electronics to Ireland and has done for a few months.

And the service is fantastic :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Im off to Spain, I bought the last memory card from a pharmacy when I really did not have a choice and needed one, Thanks for the advice all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭DotOrg

Rb wrote: »
    Amazon now ships electronics to Ireland and has done for a few months.

And the service is fantastic :)

they still don't ship all electronics, doesn't seem to be any firm rules but i've tried to buy a couple of things and couldn't

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

why not use www.shop4memory.com?

They're in kildare i think and it's only a 2 day delivery..prices are excellent as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

The fuji centre in Liffey Valley.

8GB Transcend SDHC Card at $13 each from Amazon. I'll have two of those I thought - then i'll tell the forum they're available.

Add to cart.

Review order.

Oh mother of sweet lord;

83372.jpg

Why do they bother sending me emails with ridiculous 'deals' like that in there. They've done it once too often I tell ya. If amazon happens to be down in the morning you'll know what happened :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,614 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

mymemory.co.uk, you can get a 4gb sandisk sdhc for 8.99stg delivered.

just stumbled across the following;

2GB Hama SD for €4.74 - Shipping works out at €4.50
    4GB Hama SDHC for €7.63 - Shipping works out at €4.70

Haven't used a Hama card but they put a 30 year warranty on them - yeah 30years (hold onto your receipt)

over on mypix.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

I bought a 2GB Sandisk card from my local Dunnes for about €12 last year. If you're in a panic for a card, I don't think this is massively overpriced (and it's probably cheaper now).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    just stumbled across the following;

2GB Hama SD for €4.74 - Shipping works out at €4.50
    4GB Hama SDHC for €7.63 - Shipping works out at €4.70

Haven't used a Hama card but they put a 30 year warranty on them - yeah 30years (hold onto your receipt)

over on mypix.com

30 years? Thats madness!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭gary82

why not use www.shop4memory.com?

They're in kildare i think and it's only a 2 day delivery..prices are excellent as well.

+1 ...I use these guys whenever I can, great service.
    • FREE delivery
    • fast delivery
    • great prices
    • accept laser card
    Can't go wrong! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

http://www.dabs.ie/ can be 'quirky', but the occasional nice price pops up. P&P is 10 euro though, for any order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

4gb sd cards available in hmv on grafton street for €15 i think!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

Amalgam wrote: »
    http://www.dabs.ie/ can be 'quirky', but the occasional nice price pops up. P&P is 10 euro though, for any order.

A friend of my used Dabs.ie & had no problems!
    AnCatDubh wrote: »
    8GB Transcend SDHC Card at $13 each from Amazon. I'll have two of those I thought - then i'll tell the forum they're available.

Add to cart.

Review order.

Oh mother of sweet lord;

83372.jpg

Why do they bother sending me emails with ridiculous 'deals' like that in there. They've done it once too often I tell ya. If amazon happens to be down in the morning you'll know what happened :D

:D:D
    I just hate when that happens!
    TheDriver wrote: »
    mymemory.co.uk, you can get a 4gb sandisk sdhc for 8.99stg delivered.

+1 for my memory. I got a CF off them. Took them 2 days to process it but shipping was fast like 3-4 days!
    Pitty you are leaving so soon!

Cons Cameras is an option:
    www.connscameras.com

They are very pricey!!!
    Too Pricey!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭inlimboland

8gb sandisk sd card off e bay - 14euro inc delivery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

8gb sandisk sd card off e bay - 14euro inc delivery

Is it legit?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

I've bought camera memory cards off ebay. They're usually from Hong Kong or somewhere but they're always dirt cheap, top brand(or a very convincing fake) and work perfectly fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Anybody know if it's possible to order sd cards from play.com? They've got what appears to me to be a bargain (PNY 16gb sdhc for €23) but it says 'Electronic or gadget items can only be delivered to UK addresses' :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Try adding a Northern Irish postcode to your address, eg BT30 9HP.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

irish_goat wrote: »
    I've bought camera memory cards off ebay. They're usually from Hong Kong or somewhere but they're always dirt cheap, top brand(or a very convincing fake) and work perfectly fine.

The problem with fakes on eBay is well known. Sure they will work anyway as if they are fakes then they are a cheap card without much Quality Assurance. If that is what you want then get a cheap generic card rather than a Sandisk or Lexar fake. There are genuine cards there too, but working out which are which is the difficult problem.

Why would you spend a lot of money of camera equipment & then risk the results on a cheap card? The good quality & reliable brands are not that much more than the cheap ones anyway.

Advertisement