Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart BB Line Checker Query - Not sure what this means

Options
  • 20-06-2009 12:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭

I've just done a line check with Smart (I honestly have no idea why as I'm on a split/pairgain line with eircom - Friday nite boredom:rolleyes:) At the risk of sounding thick:D can anybody explain to me what this means:::

Sadly your phone line is not connected directly to one of Smart's telephone exchanges. However, it appears that your line does qualify for one of our other outstanding value for money services available NATIONWIDE.

For more details and to order, call us now on 1850 945 549 or click on the links here to get full details of our
    other residential broadband packages and business broadband packages nationwide.

OK so when I click on the residential link it takes me to the "smart residential offnet packages comparison" page.
    What exactly is "offnet"? If I'm on a split line how can smart benefit me?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

You're not on a Smart unbundled exchange, where speeds of up to 24Mbps are available, but you are on an eircom enabled exchange, and Smart re-sell that at a cheaper price.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Just for anyone else reading this, that Smart line checker will come up with that message even if you cant get broadband, i tried a few number that i knew cant get broadband, but always got the message "However, it appears that your line does qualify for one of our other outstanding value for money services available NATIONWIDE" The important word is NATIONWIDE, they must think everyone can get broadband.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭bijou

jor el wrote: »
    You're not on a Smart unbundled exchange, where speeds of up to 24Mbps are available, but you are on an eircom enabled exchange, and Smart re-sell that at a cheaper price.

Thanks guys. I know my exchange is eircom enabled but I still cannot get BB with eircom (have had very lengthy discussions with eircom about my split line situation:mad:) so how can Smart "appear" to tell me otherwise - isn't that false advertising?

Sorry just still bitter that I can't have "proper" BB:(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

bijou wrote: »
    Thanks guys. I know my exchange is eircom enabled but I still cannot get BB with eircom (have had very lengthy discussions with eircom about my split line situation:mad:) so how can Smart "appear" to tell me otherwise - isn't that false advertising?

Sorry just still bitter that I can't have "proper" BB:(

Smart can only know that your exchange is supported, they've no way to know your personal line conditions.

Advertisement