Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone know the dates and times of car boot sales in Cork county?

Options
  • 20-06-2009 12:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hey guys
    Can anyone tell me when there are car boots on about Cork either city or north cork area?
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Anthony O Brien

Theres one on in Castletownroche this sunday, gates open at half 8
    also this sunday there is one on is killcully scout hall near blackpool traders will be there from 7 punters from around 9 and there is also a small one on in carrigtwohill starting at 9
    Sunday week theres one on in Rathcormac, traders there from 7 punters around half eight

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭tobytobe

Does anyone have details or info on how to book a spot for Mogeely next Sun, 28 June? I've never sold at car boot sales before so not sure of how to go about it. Do you book in advance or just turn up really early and at what time?

Thanks!

e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 boeing747

great anthony Thanks. Also if anyone knows how you can sell stuff at it please let me know
    Ta x

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Tony255

The Rathcormac sale is on next sunday and is on pretty much every two weeks, I've picked up some bits and pieces there before but nothing fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭rotinaj

The one in Killkully is a load of sh!t. People selling a load of old clothes and DVD's.

Had words with both a trader and the organizers a few weeks ago. He had 6 pups for sale all cramed into a tiny cage. And what did the organize say to me when I complained.. " Sure what do ya want me to do about it"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Call the ISPCA next time and they will be shutdown for cruelty, an organiser allowing animal sales should be responsible for welfare on site.

MC

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭rotinaj

Call the ISPCA next time and they will be shutdown for cruelty, an organiser allowing animal sales should be responsible for welfare on site.

MC

Did this. They fella who answered said he would go check it out "if he gets the chance"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭squibs

Blarney - bank holiday Mondays is the best I've seen - less tat than the others, well run. Need to be there at about 7am if you are a trader.

boeing747 wrote: »
    great anthony Thanks. Also if anyone knows how you can sell stuff at it please let me know
    Ta x

Just turn up on the morning early with your stuff and put it out in front of your car, its best to have a table to put your more valuable items on, put the lesser value ones on the ground, its best to have a plastic sheet underneet to keep them clean
    Make sure when you pick your spot that you have enough room for all of your stuff as the other traders will not move their stuff later on

MC

They wont be shut down only given a warning, the trader will be asked to leave
    I remember about three years ago there was a huge deal about selling animals with checks going on every sundays at the boot sales and during the week at the markets, most places banned the sale of animals then its the newly established boots sales that dont know about the rules are allowing the sale of animals

• Advertisement

tobytobe wrote: »
    Does anyone have details or info on how to book a spot for Mogeely next Sun, 28 June? I've never sold at car boot sales before so not sure of how to go about it. Do you book in advance or just turn up really early and at what time?

Thanks!

e

No need to book, just turn up on the morning at around eight or half past, i will be trading there myself, ill be selling make-up and coins if you want to call up to the stall and say hello

Advertisement