Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nightclub Opening

• 20-06-2009 2:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭

If you were to open a perfect nightclub what would it be like?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Perfect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

The Carlsberg one.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

A brothel. It would sell chocolates and candy during the day.
    And pancakes. I like pancakes.

Actually forget the hookers, I would just have a club that sold chocolate, candy and pancakes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

wth is "candy" ??

Anyway, I'd second the Carlsberg one :)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

one where the bouncers would bar people with shit posts...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Size=everything

Sounds like quite a geeky nightclub would you like Stek Trek clad dancers there as well?

Free Smirnoff and girls in bras and knickers.

Wait, barring the free Smirnoff we already have that.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

This seems very..............very familiar

Telepathic bouncers who could predict the future?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

After Hours, with Terry as the bouncer.
    Even Carlsberg couldn't top that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

The Night At The Roxbury one, all the fancy s**t outside and the queues and trash inside, just for the madness! :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Just me, on my own, with a pint. In the dark. Alone. 8 euro in, 10 after 12.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Fizman wrote: »
    A brothel. It would sell chocolates and candy during the day.
    And pancakes. I like pancakes.

Actually forget the hookers, I would just have a club that sold chocolate, candy and pancakes.

Why not have the hookers serve the pancakes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

The same as the rest, except for a soundproofed area with decent music and a one way glass wall that let ye watch the wimminz dancin in peace and quiet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 niallthegreat

The best nightclub ever would be one where every night I went home very drunk with money left over with a hot girl every night :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Nodin wrote: »
    The same as the rest, except for a soundproofed area with decent music and a one way glass wall that let ye watch the wimminz dancin in peace and quiet.
    I know places like that but you have to pay extra

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

music not too loud, not too packed, promiscuous drunk girls, no one under 25, high quality cocaine for sale, staff bringing me drinks, open all night, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭LiamD

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    music not too loud, not too packed, promiscuous drunk girls, no one under 25, ..., staff bringing me drinks, open all night, etc.

Lillies?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

LiamD wrote: »
    omg thats so OTT. check out the membership page. wow. can anyone afford to actually go there? wooooooooooooooow

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Clean, loud and powerful sound system - they're almost universally crap in most nightclubs. Zoned so that only the dancefloor gets very loud, so you can talk at the bar/tables.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭shamblertine

- Music fairly quiet until near the end of the night when it gets a bit loader (but you should still be able to have a conversation even then)
    - Bright lights so I can see who's about, what the fcuk is the deal with nightclubs having dark dim lights so you can't work out if the girl 2 feet in front of you is good looking or not
    - No dance floor, if theres no dancefloor I can't scare off girls with my unbelievably crap dancing
    - Loads of seats so anyone who wants to sit can, there should be loads of comfy sofas
    - Not too crowded, you should have space to move around without bumping into anyone
    - Plenty of bars and bar staff working so you don't have to wait any length of time to get a drink
    - Strict door policy where anyone who looks like a scummer isn't getting in, and anyone too drunk etc isn't getting in
    - Loads of bouncers about inside to break up fights quickly
    - No pint glasses or bottles given out so you can't be glassed, only plastic pint cups are given out
    - No shots are served or any crap like sambuca
    - Only beer, whiskey and vodka are served
    - No couples are allowed in, singles only
    - The amount of women let in should exactly match the number of men let in, so everyone has a fair chance of pulling
    - There should be a seperate soundproofed area where you can buy tea or coffee or hot chocolate and muffins/donuts/cake etc, to recharge your batteries
    - Music played would be an eclectic mix
    - There should be loads of toilets so no queing would be required

Thats all I can think of for now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Advertisement