Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Computer Won't Recognise Creative Zen VPLus

• 20-06-2009 2:41am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm stuck in a difficult one here as I'm going on a trip to the USA on Monday and need my MP3 player, the Zen VPLus but it's not being recognised by my Vista powered laptop.

It was up to last night but now when I plug it in it'll charge away for me but I can't move music to it or anything. Windows tells me when I plug it in and it finds drivers and stuff that there was an error and I should plug it out and reconnect again.

I have shut the PC down and tried again but to no avail.

Any ideas????

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭sxt

Maybe try below which was suggested here:confused:http://en.kioskea.net/forum/affich-47343-my-computer-does-not-reconize-my-creative-mp3

try the following: Go to Control-panel->device manager. Click on 'portable devices' and the zen should be listed. It may well have a warning sign on. Right click and click 'Update driver software'. Click 'Browse my computer for driver software'. Then click 'Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer. There should be an option of 'mtp device' Click that and then click 'next'. That should reinstall the driver and your pc then pick up the zen device again.

Another option is to reset the player?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Its to do with vista updating to windows media player 11 and with windows vista you cant uninstall media player or roll it back as far as i know.
    Im in the same boat as you its not a problem with the player its the fact that creative arent updating software and drivers properly for my player check if you can get the latest ones for yours and install them from a xp machine

Advertisement