Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Western Arms Gold 1911-A1 .45 Gilded V12 Pistol

Options
  • 20-06-2009 2:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭

Hey,ok I shall start by saying I am an airsoft fan and collector with several different guns but at the same time I am a complete noob when it comes to the assembly or maintenance of the actual guns! If I was to take one apart I would never be able to put it together again even with instructions!! :p

So basically by problem is this,I own a Western Arms Gold 1911-A1 .45 Gilded V12 Pistol,the same on shown in the thread below which someone sold on boards about 2 years ago,I just came across the thread in a search.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055134992&highlight=1911

The gun has now broken on me,which is very annoying because it was very expensive. The problem is this,I fill the mag with gas,the put the mag into the gun. Now it is loaded and hammer pulled back. however when I fire and the hammer releases,inside the gun at the top of the mag a part of the hammer,a small metal part is released. what this part is doing is that is is hitting the valve on the mag and releasing the gas from the mag and therefore not firing. So is this a problem with the gun or the mag?

I know it isn't a great description without actually being able to see it,but it basically started after I dropped the gun (stupid as that was!),but any help would be appreciated. thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

Heh. Thats my baby now. I still take it out every now and again and run a few BBs through it. I've owned 20+ pistols over the past 2 years, and that one and my current full metal, absolutely gorgeous, kicks-like-a-mule, used-to-be a TM MEU are my two all-time favourites.

Umm...yeah, anyway.

To get back on topic....if you like, send it to us and we'll take a look at it and if possible, fix it free of charge for the sake of it, just because of what it is.

If we need to source parts for it, we'll just charge you for the parts themselves, at cost price. Beauty like that needs to be nurtured :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Shiva wrote: »
    Heh. Thats my baby now. I still take it out every now and again and run a few BBs through it. I've owned 20+ pistols over the past 2 years, and that one and my current full metal, absolutely gorgeous, kicks-like-a-mule, used-to-be a TM MEU are my two all-time favourites.

Umm...yeah, anyway.

To get back on topic....if you like, send it to us and we'll take a look at it and if possible, fix it free of charge for the sake of it, just because of what it is.

If we need to source parts for it, we'll just charge you for the parts themselves, at cost price. Beauty like that needs to be nurtured :)

Ha,ye it is that nice that you tend to go off topic for a bit! :D

That would be brilliant if you could take a look at it,very nice to offer to fix it free of charge as well but I don't mind paying either. I guess just to have a look at it would be a start because I havn't a clue. Do you want to pm me with details on sending it to you?

Thanks for the response!

tvnutz wrote: »
    Ha,ye it is that nice that you tend to go off topic for a bit! :D

That would be brilliant if you could take a look at it,very nice to offer to fix it free of charge as well but I don't mind paying either. I guess just to have a look at it would be a start because I havn't a clue. Do you want to pm me with details on sending it to you?

Thanks for the response!

No bother...just send it to the Cabra branch, directions here....or pop in yourself if you're in Dublin.

If you're posting it, its probably best to use registered post.

I sent the gun off today by registered post so let me know what you think when you get a chance to have a look at it.

Thanks again.

Willdo, no problem.

• Advertisement

Did the gun arrive ok?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Hiya man,

Parts came in today and your gun was repaired this morning. The package didnt have any contact details from yourself but if you can PM your number to print on the out going package (courier requirement) it'll go out to ya today. :)

tis free of charge, as tony said.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Eirsoft leads the way in customer service again! Quality care for that lovely slingbacker :D (it has become the inspiration for my next custom 1911)

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭AirsoftEire.com

For a second there I thought you'd sold yours to tvnutz Shiva, nearly died when he said he'd dropped it! :eek:

Any chance I can buy it back off you? Been waiting for 2 years to see if anyone else brough out a similar 1911 but no luck.

Steve

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Flecktarn

For a second there I thought you'd sold yours to tvnutz Shiva, nearly died when he said he'd dropped it! :eek:

Any chance I can buy it back off you? Been waiting for 2 years to see if anyone else brough out a similar 1911 but no luck.

Steve

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/pistols-gbb-smgs/western-arms-scw3-wilson-combat-gilded-45-09-gbb-pistol.html

What about that?

• Advertisement

zero19 wrote: »
    Eirsoft leads the way in customer service again! Quality care for that lovely slingbacker :D (it has become the inspiration for my next custom 1911)

No doubt,top notch customer service!

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭AirsoftEire.com

Sorry Steve....She's my baby :(

If its any consolation, I know how you feel....i sold Johnny from na Taibhse a CA M16 with an m203 last year, and I miss it badly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Am kicking myself too if its the same Guilded WA 1911
    I saw for sale a long long time ago where I had the chance to buy and never replied to the thread then Tony Bought one.

~B

Advertisement