Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This is sick and freaky - weird link inside

Options
  • 20-06-2009 7:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭

http://balkanpix.com/?s=3&i=143

Still dazed after being anaesthetised for three hours, a pedigree pet is hauled upright to show off its new tattoo.

The controversial “body enhancement” was carried out on Mickey – a rare Canadian Hairless breed also known as a Sphynx cat.

His female owner was said to be delighted with the Tutankhamun design inked on to his chest at a tattoo parlour.

She said: “I wanted something new and different for the times we live in.”

But horrified animal rights campaigners last night slammed the sick fad in Moscow as barbaric – and fear it could catch on among wealthy pet owners in the West.

An RSPCA spokesman said: “We are totally against using animals for purely cosmetic reasons just on the owner’s whim. Clearly the animal has no say in the matter.

“We do not believe in using pets as fashion accessories. It shows no respect for the animal whatsoever. So far we have only heard about this practice happening overseas – and we hope it doesn’t spread.”

According to the info given when you pass the the cursor over the pictures, this occured in Russia

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Wolfsberg

Is it just me or does the tattoo look like Ricky Gervais? Humanity has reached a new low.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

not that something similar hasn't been going on for ages ...

Standard+Poodle.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭ashlingm

peasant wrote: »
    not that something similar hasn't been going on for ages ...

Standard+Poodle.jpg

Ah thats grand though, hair grows out - dosent hurt the animal and in fact that type of clip on poodles has a reason behind it. it allows the animal to sweat but keeps vital parts warm where the hair is thus it dosent get arthritis in its limbs, kindneys are kept warm and all the organs such as heart and lungs are protected. Surely a haircut like that is even better then totally neglecting the animal and letting it get all matted?

Tattoos though....totally unaccecpted! cruel and unfair on the animal

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Call me Socket

Demonique wrote: »
    http://balkanpix.com/?s=3&i=143

Still dazed after being anaesthetised for three hours, a pedigree pet is hauled upright to show off its new tattoo.

The controversial “body enhancement” was carried out on Mickey – a rare Canadian Hairless breed also known as a Sphynx cat.

His female owner was said to be delighted with the Tutankhamun design inked on to his chest at a tattoo parlour.

She said: “I wanted something new and different for the times we live in.”

But horrified animal rights campaigners last night slammed the sick fad in Moscow as barbaric – and fear it could catch on among wealthy pet owners in the West.

An RSPCA spokesman said: “We are totally against using animals for purely cosmetic reasons just on the owner’s whim. Clearly the animal has no say in the matter.

“We do not believe in using pets as fashion accessories. It shows no respect for the animal whatsoever. So far we have only heard about this practice happening overseas – and we hope it doesn’t spread.”

According to the info given when you pass the the cursor over the pictures, this occured in Russia

That's absolutely disgusting:mad: The idea of doing something as pointless and pathetically shallow as that to an animal turns my stomach.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭kildara

That's pretty vile alright.

I get enough looks with a rottweiler without getting a pair of sparrows tattooed on her neck! Imagine!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭fionav3

That is disgusting! :mad: What is WRONG with people?!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

ashlingm wrote: »
    it allows the animal to sweat

Dogs don't sweat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭claireloopy

Some people are so cruel. Tattoos on dogs? What is wrong with the world. This makes me angry I dont even want to look at the link

Cruel! Cruel! Cruel!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭lalee17

Sick. Is this even legal?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Peggypeg

Wow, seriously what I wouldn't give for 5 minutes alone with the owner. I hope the cat gets taken off her.

Advertisement