Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super League XIV. Round 17. *contains spoilers*

Options
  • 20-06-2009 8:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭

Sorry Lads, a wee bit late with this one. Two games last night. Huddersfield's slide continues with a very disjointed performance against an up-for-it Cas,who put in a gutsy performance. Seem to have shored up the mid-field defensive frailties which have cost them dear of late.

Though I didn't see or listen to the game, I hear Hull were lucky to get away with a victory in the face of yet another tenacious Salford Display.

Today, the Rhinos travel to Blighty, against an in-form, tough to beat Quins who must fancy an upset (On Sky at 6.) and tomorrow, the interesting prospect of the Bulls V Saints.....could be the game which really marks the resurrection of Bradford...

Saturday 20th June 09

Catalans Dragons v Warrington Wolves
    KO 19:00

Celtic Crusaders v Hull Kingston Rovers
    KO 18;00

Harlequins RL v Leeds Rhinos
    KO 18:00 *SKY*

Sunday 21st June 09

Bradford Bulls v St. Helens
    KO 15:00

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Giant's will be kicking themselves. They were far the better team last night and made more chances but forced the game way to much. They looked a tad bit naive and seemed to play like they could score from anywhere on the pitch. Cas were much more composed and it paid off for them with great defence leading the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭WakeyTyke

Looks like Leeds are starting to move up the gears ready to hit top form for the play-offs.

Made a good Quinns side look very ordinary with a clinical, devastating display.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

WakeyTyke wrote: »
    Looks like Leeds are starting to move up the gears ready to hit top form for the play-offs.

Made a good Quinns side look very ordinary with a clinical, devastating display.

Yeah, but we're still very Jekyll and Hyde. Had we put in a first 15 like yesterday's against Saints or KR we would've been 12/18 - nil down by the end of the first quarter. We seem to start very slowly this season. Did purr in parts, but still not hitting the heights, levels of consistency we need to seriously challenge the Saints...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Harlequins didn't seem to fire yesterday, I'm sure a large part of that is Leeds not letting them, but its one of the poorer performances this year.

I think we are still over reliant on Rob Purdham and Luke Dorn always offers a threat and is another big miss.

Still, so far its been a great season and to be beaten by a Leeds team who really turned up is no disgrace. Well Played Rhinos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Annoyed the Bulls/Saints game isn't on today, wouldn't be too surprised to see the Bulls put it up to them.

• Advertisement

amacachi wrote: »
    Annoyed the Bulls/Saints game isn't on today, wouldn't be too surprised to see the Bulls put it up to them.

Me too, crying out for the cameras!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,764 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Yeah its total ****ing bull****. Fair enough the Bulls are not top 4 anymore but this is still one of the big games of the season though.

Meli scores a try after 2 mins :(

and the bulls hit back, morrison try after 5 mins and deacs converts. 6-4 bulls after 6 mins. WHY O WHY is this not on tv :mad:

12-4 Bulls, Sheriffe try and deacs converts, about 15 mins gone.

p_larkin99 wrote: »
    12-4 Bulls, Sheriffe try and deacs converts, about 15 mins gone.

I hate to say this, but ahem, "Come on the Bulls!"

• Advertisement

12-10 bulls

14-28 Saints HT, oh dear....

4 unanswered tries and Saints well and truly in charge,

Balls

4 unanswered tries and Saints well and truly in charge,

Balls

Typical Saints Blitz....dont worry Larkin, ye're not the first to suffer it and ye wont be the last. I fear for the Bulls in the second....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Ouch, bit of a mauling in the end it would seem.

feck it anyway.

I expected to lose the game but never like being on the end of a hiding. But i mean Saints are capable of doing that to anyone. Meh

Look on to the next game

COYB

Look on to the next game

See you at headingley on Friday Night??;)

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭WakeyTyke

Bulls are running out of matches and the game at Headingley is crucial to keep their play-off hopes alive, otherwise they could find themselves 5 points off the top 8 place.

Leeds have a score to settle with the Bulls so I really can't see them getting out of game.

toomevara wrote: »
    See you at headingley on Friday Night??;)

In Dublin so won't be at the game. Will have to find somewhere to watch it though....sadly i know what to expect from the game and its not favourable for us Bulls :(

Think the Play offs will just be a bridge too far for us this season - something i could not have envisaged saying through our glory years :mad:

Advertisement