Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Low flying helicopters

Options
  • 20-06-2009 9:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭

There's 2 low flying helicopers flying in circles over the city for about 20 minutes now, they woke my whole house up! Anyone know what the deal is with them? They seem to be unmarked.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭kaki

They're flying over my office now (on the Old Mallow Road)...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

the word on the street (internet) is the air corps is about.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

Aye, they were around last night aswell. Looked like Air Corps heli's

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

"The Fuzz Buzz" ©

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭BarneyMagee

The echo says they're assisting the army and the gardai transport cash.

I think the AIB is moving their cash depot from the South Mall to somewhere out the county. I'd love to know how much is in that Securicor van.

Either that or its the bank bail out cash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

good to see the air corps are doing something other than monitoring illegal fishermen! whole thing is laughable.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭rotinaj

The cash depot is moving out to Blarney today. your talking €50+ being moved anyway inc. gold bars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

I thought they were racing eachother :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

its the NWO surveying the area before Lisbon II. if it doesn't pass this time they know exactly where to throw the bombs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

A helicopter was around carrigtwohill last wednesday morning for about an hour, got no lie in with it!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

d3mon24 wrote: »
    The cash depot is moving out to Blarney today. your talking €50+ being moved anyway inc. gold bars

No way! Fifty euros? That's fúcking crazy money!

Faith wrote: »
    No way! Fifty euros? That's fúcking crazy money!

:p million i ment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

good to see the air corps are doing something other than monitoring illegal fishermen! whole thing is laughable.

Serious airforce is serious

cessna3.jpg

Real helicopter ?

http://www.military.ie/aircorps/fleet/ec135p2/index.htm

ec135p4.jpg

Is that the one the door fell off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Jhazon

Tough times we live in lads. I've been in the country for over two months and just last weekend, when I was in Letterkenny, it was the first time that I saw the military assisting the banks with the cash movement! Unbelieveable... a mate of mine staying over from Canada for the week was taking photos as he thought it was a real laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Did he? Thats funny I think canadians are funny eh! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

Jhazon wrote: »
    Tough times we live in lads. I've been in the country for over two months and just last weekend, when I was in Letterkenny, it was the first time that I saw the military assisting the banks with the cash movement! Unbelieveable... a mate of mine staying over from Canada for the week was taking photos as he thought it was a real laugh.

rly? i thought that was pretty normal. what else is there to do for the military in a neutral country

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

Dankoozy wrote: »
    rly? i thought that was pretty normal. what else is there to do for the military in a neutral country

Well there is flying government ministers around and going deaf.

Advertisement