Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BMW 320D HIGH MILEAGE?

• 20-06-2009 9:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭

Hi All,
    I currently drive a 04 1.8T petrol Sport VW Passat 150bhp 78,000 and ready for a change,
    The Passat is a lovely car- powerful enough, but starting to feel a bit dated,
    So anyway to make a long story short, I was looking at a BMW 320d -its 2006with over 70,000+ miles on the clock, Price wise with the Passat a good deal? at 15,000 euro trade in (with my own car + 10,000E), What I'm hoping someone to give me their opinion on is am I mad to buy it with the mileage for this year?
    Any help would be much appreciated:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Any link to the advert? If there is one.

Are you saying the retail of the BMW is 15k, so 10k plus the Passat? Is the Bmw VRT'd? Mileage sounds a tad high to be honest.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,979 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

my 2005 320d has over 100k and i swear to god it feels just as it left the factory!

it has a full history with BMW, so maybe that helped with things being changed when they should etc etc

the engine is strong and pulls great, even before i remapped it :D

70k is relatively high for an 07 car, but as long as it has proper history and the price is reflective of the mileage then it will continue to clock up the miles for years to come!

is it Irish or a UK car?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

10k plus your 04 turbo petrol Passat is a bit high for the milage and year of that beemer!!

You'd probably get a new 150bhp AWD Impreza diesel for that!

Edit - Sqaull20, realised his mistake :)

please ignore!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭porte

Thanks for that Kceire, its much appreciated, its an Irish car, I think it was a sales reps car, so that at least explains the high mileage,The price Im getting for the Passat is actually the best Ive had so far! No one seems to want her because shes a petrol! Also Sqaull20 thanks for your input, but the Passat is 150bhp and the Bmw would be 163hp so why would I want lower my standards with an Impreza??:confused:

• Advertisement

Impreza is brand new with a 3 year warranty, has a boxer diesel which will kick any diesel passat ass for refinement and power delivery, plus you have awd so the days of the torque steer are gone :pac: It will be faster and better off the line than the beemer too and more reliable!!

Take one for a spin, guaranteed you will be impressed!! I have a fabia vrs remapped which is lighter and probably just as fast as the bmw 320d and the Impreza had the legs on my fabia by a decent bit, even though its only 150bhp.

http://www.autobloggreen.com/2009/01/02/ireland-gets-subaru-impreza-diesel/

Anyway where are you based and do you have any pics of the passat? I have a friend who is in the market for such a car, pm me if you want!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭porte

I have attached a picture of the Passat and am located in the Killarney area Kerry, But the cars a Dublin reg how much was your friend willing to pay? Thanks for the info on the Impreza by the way but I like the shape of the Bmw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Ye might want to take that to pm lads, out of ye're own interest.

porte wrote: »
    Thanks for that Kceire, its much appreciated, its an Irish car, I think it was a sales reps car, so that at least explains the high mileage,The price Im getting for the Passat is actually the best Ive had so far! No one seems to want her because shes a petrol! Also Sqaull20 thanks for your input, but the Passat is 150bhp and the Bmw would be 163hp so why would I want lower my standards with an Impreza??:confused:

no probs porte, my yoke had one owner from new too, an MD of some vending machine display crowd and he travelled from carlow to dublin each and every working day!

just keep an eye on parts such as bushings etc etc i reakon the next job that will arise on my car will be bushings, but in saying that i will check through the history to see if they were ever replaced.

• Advertisement

Porte could you give me a pm and we can go look at the passat as soon as, today even!

Thanks

Advertisement