Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

steamer virgin

Options
  • 20-06-2009 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭

i bought a steamer pot set thingy yesterday.... just wondering um how exactly to use it?
    if i put the water in the bottom can i put spuds or rice in there as well and then chicken or turkey and veg on top? is it good to steam mushrooms? i LOVE mushrooms but not really sure of ways to cook them bar saute or grilling the really big ones....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Keith in cork

steamed mushroom? BLEK!

Yeh you can put spuds or rice in the bottom and steam away in the top.

Steamed mushroom??????......................................................

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Are you talking about a saucepan with a steamer pot on top of it, or an electric steamer?

I have one like this. It's great because you can do three things at once if you're so inclined.

If it's a steamer pot, you can steam the potatoes, or boil them in the saucepan while you steam other things in the pot alright.

Advertisement