Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pet Superstore in Dublin?

Options
  • 20-06-2009 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Wondering if anyone could tell me where there is a big pet superstore in Dublin? I'm located in South Dublin.

Thanks
    Kimia

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

Wackers on the long mile road has everything and is big, its beside ALDI and drimnagh castle school.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

Heard that Wackers sell puppies from an enclosure in-store and I don't want to support a shop that does that.

Is there anywhere else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Depends on what you're looking for, there's a good one in Stillorgan, if you go past the garage (on your left) and continue (shopping centre on left, cinema on right) and turn left at the lights there, go straight (past the side of the shopping centre) and on your left you'll see it - hard to park there but they do everything from fishing/lizards/food/gear /toys/beds /hardware lol.
    I can't for the life of me remember the name of it right now but it's a decent store. -- EDIT tis Baumanns!
    There's one in Tallaght village but tbh I didn't find it good at all. There's another one near Dundrum but again, it's not great.

There's obviously PetStop superstore out in Blanchardstown shopping centre, they can be quite good too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭LovelyTom

The only one on the southside I know is Baumanns, guys there are friendly and they know their stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭eyesofvenus

Petmania in Santry is big enough, although i don't like the chain they have a big selection of goods

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭LovelyTom

Petmania in Santry is big enough, although i don't like the chain they have a big selection of goods

I'd avoid buying fish from there, they purposefully raise nitrate levels and no fish I've bought from there has lasted more than a week. They also sell frogs which have been injected with dye.
    Saying that though they have got good prices for equipment and a large range

I was very impressed with wackers range of reptiles and how clean they were kept. Very good selection of cat/dog furniture and the like.
    Heard that Wackers sell puppies from an enclosure in-store and I don't want to support a shop that does that.

Is there anywhere else?

This is also what turned me off the place, isn't it illegal to sell dogs like this? They also had 2 ring tailed lemur's for sale(ironically one was missing a tail :(). Didn't like the way they had them on display

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Baumanns is good, although I don't know if they sell those awful hubrid 'parrot' fish. I haven't there in a while but when I had my guinepigs they sold gp and rabbit food as one and the same even though the species have seperate dietary requirements.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Kimia if you can travel further I think there is a large warehouse type pet store in the north that just sells stuff for pets no pets being sold there can't think of the name. All else fails if you're looking for something in particular but can't find it anywhere try zooplus.co.uk they are fairly cheap and have a range of stuff that you might not be able to get locally.

Not sure if there is a Maxi Zoo in Dublin or surrounding area but they have a good range of stuff as well.

Not sure if there is a Maxi Zoo in Dublin or surrounding area but they have a good range of stuff as well.
    No Maxi Zoo in dublin unfortunately...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭wibblebee

I have enquired about if its legal to sell puppies/kittens from pets shops from the ISPCA/DSPCA. Shops are allowed to sell aslong as they have food and water. Only in markets it is illegal to sell.
    If you have any queries or concerns call the DSPCA. Especially if animals are ill diarrohea & vomiting etc. Or even if you feel their living conditions are not provided correctly etc.

Personally speaking i am against selling puppies/kittens too especially when there are far too many unwanted animals are abandoned or being destroyed on a daily basis

Advertisement