Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PhD in Citizen Participation in Local Government??

Options
  • 20-06-2009 12:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I am currently looking to obtain funding for a phd but am unsure who would provide funding for the above topic. The closest I can find would be funded phds under pretty strict themes of 'social policy' and 'public admin'? They seem unlikely to to be keen as it does not fit neatly into either?Anyone know any organisations or institutions that would support such a programme?
    Any ideas would be much appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Mickswizard

If make a good application to your institution of choice they may decide to fund you directly. Check the link below for ideas. UCC would be the first stop for local government related research. Here's the external funding links from Trinners. Hope this helps and good luck.

External funding

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

It would fall under IRCHSS, I imagine. Funding is very competitive for that, though.

Just got accepted yesterday to the PhD in Political Science there with funding. Fairly similar topic to the OP. 'Immigrant Participation in Host Country Politics' it's titled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Ó Nuaillain

Thanks for that, would I be right that applications are not being accepted until next year?

Thanks for that, would I be right that applications are not being accepted until next year?

Depends on the institution. You can apply for the DCU PhD for this year until July 31st I think, but Trinity closed on April 2nd. Don't know about the others. It should be cleary outlined on their websites anyway. I could send you a copy of my proposal if you wanted an idea of what it is supposed to look like. I got a lot of help with the structure of it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement