Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

By Bye Tevez

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Mr Alan wrote: »
    did you not read my last post?

Berba started more PL games than Rooney & Tevez last year, he started 29...why would he be speaking out?

because when he was at spurs he played all the games and for +30m he'd be expecting to start every game but he didnt and never spoke out about it even after the CL final he never said a word

I criticise berba before but he's gone up in my estimation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

jaykay74 wrote: »
    how about "Wayne this season I think you'll play left wing, what do you reckon"

you may have a point if Tevez was moaning about being played out of position, which he never did. despite being played out of position all the time. apart from that, apologies, you no makey sensey.

people forget that this is a squad game

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5390272,00.html
    Kia Joorabchian has revealed that Carlos Tevez had to walk away from Manchester United because he was not given enough time to consider their offer.
    United announced on Saturday morning that Tevez would be leaving Old Trafford following a two-year loan spell with the club.
    The Red Devils had agreed to pay the £25.5million fee required to secure Tevez's services permanently and offered the striker a lucrative five-year contract.
    However, he rejected the proposal and is now expected to join either Manchester City or Chelsea.
    Joorabchian has now clarified the situation by insisting that money was not a factor in the Argentine's decision.
    The 25-year-old's advisor has also stressed that Tevez was left with no choice but to turn United down as he was not given enough time to make his mind up.
    "When Man United made their offer about ten days ago, for the first time in two years, we never went back to them to ask about money," Joorabchian told Sky Sports News.
    Not enough time

"We just asked for some time to think about it. Obviously they have had two years to think about it and Carlos had to make a decision based on his family.
    "Just to make it clear, this has been Carlos' decision. Nobody else would make this decision for him."
    Joorabchian added: "We didn't actually reject the offer. Manchester United have ruled themselves out of the running.
    "We actually asked for more time and if they could not give that we would have to walk away.
    "He wants time to digest it and to know which club would suit him because now he is committing the next five years of his future."

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

MrStuffins wrote: »
    SO by your reckoning, it doesn't matter if Utd lose Tevez. And it doesn't matter who they replace him with.

If Utd bring in a striker from a lower league for £1k he should score 30+ a season playing for Utd?

Do you think that Man U will sign a striker from the lower league? Whoever they sign will score goals. RVN was replaced by a change of play and Ronaldo.
    Ronaldo will be replaced by possibly a change of play and a striker. Tevez was a part of a large squad with Ronaldo as the main threat. He scored some important goals granted.

You are being too literal, mt point is whoever utd bring in will score goals. If you want to think they will bring in someone from a lower league you can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

lordgoat wrote: »
    Do you think that Man U will sign a striker from the lower league? Whoever they sign will score goals. RVN was replaced by a change of play and Ronaldo.
    Ronaldo will be replaced by possibly a change of play and a striker. Tevez was a part of a large squad with Ronaldo as the main threat. He scored some important goals granted.

You are being too literal, mt point is whoever utd bring in will score goals. If you want to think they will bring in someone from a lower league you can.

Too literal? How else should i take it?

Your arguement that anyone can score goals is ridiculous!

If you ask strikers, not one would tell you they'd rather set up a goal than score. If they do they're a liar! That's why they are strikers, they are employed to score goals!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

I think this move is best for all parties involved.

I don't think Tevez is quite at the standard that United require. Probably good enough for City though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

um who gives a feck what Berbatov or anyone else did or didnt say?

A World class player who is in demand wasnt happy that he was rotated and on the bench in more games than he expected. He and his representatives also didnt like that Utd waitied till the last minute to offer the money wanted to sign him permantley when they had 2 full years to do so (1 and a half of which were when nobody else could offer him a deal).

He always gave united 100% and the fans had been singing foir Fergie to sign him up until the end of the season. Now that it is clear that he has chosen to leave the united fans never wanted him to stay anyway cos of his attitude :rolleyes:

Great signing for City (or chelsea) if they get him

He always gave united 100% and the fans had been singing foir Fergie to sign him up until the end of the season. Now that it is clear that he has chosen to leave the united fans never wanted him to stay anyway cos of his attitude :rolleyes:

actually BH if you looked in the utd thread you'd know must of the utd fans didnt want him and it was mostly a small minority in the Stretford End singing that song afaik

and dont rolleyes about his attitude problems because he does have attitude problems

namely not shaking saf's hand at the end of the hull game

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Headshot wrote: »

namely not shaking saf's hand at the end of the hull game

sounds like a big deal being made of nothing.

If United wanted to keep him they should have just done the deal a long time ago imo back when he and Kia (who is prob responsible for all the statements etc that have annoyed Man utd fans) couldent talk to anyone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭JæKæ

I'm glad we have nothing more to do with that cowboy Joorabchian

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

It breaks my heart seeing this, he's a very good player. Not a Ronaldo but better than Berba!

Now we've lost two, what more this years summer transfers look promising :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,729 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

I can't read this thread with a straight face. Scouse supporters giving out about how Tevez was treated when their beloved manager used and ruined our best international striker just so he could get one up on his chairman. :rolleyes:
    Ironing, yummy!

Gutted Tevez is gone, his antics with the media no doubt master minded by the people traffickers that own him made the depature alot easier to swallow.

Will he regret it? Maybe. He says he will retire at 28, will City be good enough by then to be on the same level as United, I doubt it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Boggles wrote: »
    Will he regret it? Maybe. He says he will retire at 28, will City be good enough by then to be on the same level as United, I doubt it.

I'd imagine there is a good chance utd will regret it too.

People saying Tevez is not of Utd standard is a big LOL. he's been there and a major part of the team for at least one of the two most successful years in the clubs history.

Boggles, you have a slight obsession with Robbie Keane, its cute :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

all i can say is i will miss him,his apetite for the game was a breath of fresh air for any youngsters watching him,disapointed that he has been offered a good deal and has asked for more time,if his heart was at utd he would of jumped at it,he hasn't and we move on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

Glad to see an end to this, and I'm really not that disappointed he won't be wearing a Utd top next season. I really do think that he has been a prat recently. He openly said he loved utd and wanted to stay, then when he's offered a 5 year deal to become one of the top earners, after utd meet the £25.5m valuation, he says no thanks... Good riddance.

Can't understand people who think he's a saint. Hope he goes to city, they might have a good run in the Europa Cup in a few years time if they play their cards right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 756 ✭✭✭D.S.

I'm glad this one is over and done with. Tevez is a v good player but he doesn't bring goals, he brings energy and determination in abundance and was a fantastic player for certain games. But at 25mil plus, he was overpriced big time and his wage demands were silly.

For 30mil, we could get a Benzema who could bring something completely different to Rooney/Berba and with Tevez a similar player to Rooney, there was little point in spending stupid money on him.

He's a loss no doubt, but definitely replaceable. In fact, with any luck, we'll improve on the options up front now.

His attitude really sucked though this season. Even if he was unhappy, he should of just STFU and moved on. No need to be dismissive of the club or the manager. Every player at United is subject to squad rotation. Granted, Tevez more than most this season possibly. But his performances were not enough to warrant a place over Berba/Rooney, even when he did get a run of games. A top class player would of upped his game, not sulked. And that's Tevez's failing for me, he didn't try to bring something extra into his game to get in the team, he just assumed he was good enough the way he was and that should of been enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

I'm glad Tevez is gone.

In actualy on-the-pitch terms he didn't take well to rotation. I think it's fair to say that he's the type of player who really needs to be playing a lot to get momentum going and actually start producing. imho he could do very well at city if he plays every week. But he wasn't great for us this season.

Off the pitch Tevez behaved like an @rse. Constant whining to the media was bad and snubbing Ferguson on the sideline at the end of the season was well out of line imo.

Sure, he could feel hard done by - he was obviosly third choice striker. And if a player gets the hump and wants to leave because they are third choice then that's fine. But there are ways of going about things that show that you have class. Tevez lacked class in this episode.

So, he can't handle rotation and his attitude is now a problem. Do I want him at United for 25mil? no thanks, so long Carlos!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ghouldaddy07

Glad he is gone to be honest. His antics this season followed by his refusal to shake hands with fergie sealed the deal for me.

Berbatov is capeable of more than we saw this season and hopfully he will step up his game to the level he had at spurs next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bob the Seducer

Sad to see him go but I get the impression it was as much to do with Joorbachian as anything else. That man is possibly the biggest chancer in football. It's a pity Uefa didn't tell him to take a run and jump as private ownership of players doesn't wash in Europe.
    I have a feeling United dragged things out to try and get Tevez on a free. Since he signed for "Corinthians" (MSI) in December of 04 he should be in the last 6 months of a 5 year contract. Kia is more than likely just looking to get paid twice by moving Tevez on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I miss the old days where we knew where we stood with the dodgy agents

erichall1.jpg

Monster Monster!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'm glad he's gone too. I was really disappointed with his part in the whole transfer saga and he went down in my estimation after that. I reckon he will be a lot easier to replace than Ronaldo as his goal record did not match his effort on the pitch. Personally I want to see someone like Benzema at United and if Tevez signed that might have made such a signing more difficult.

I think Tevez did make a notable contribution to United's success which deserves to be remembered. I think it's a shame though, for him mainly, that he left in the manner that he did.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

I wonder how many of the 'glad he's gone' brigade would be saying 'great signing' and 'tevez=legend' if he had signed...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 756 ✭✭✭D.S.

Morzadec wrote: »
    I wonder how many of the 'glad he's gone' brigade would be saying 'great signing' and 'tevez=legend' if he had signed...

Well I have said from the start his price was too much for what he was bringing to the team..if he'd signed I would of been happy enough if it was at the right price..but his attitude recently has made his leaving a whole lot easier...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Not a lot I'd say

the Man Utd thread is proof opinion was very divided all season long.

I personally wanted him to stay than spending money on someone unproven at Man Utd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭yerayeah

While I'm not exactly glad to see him go, I don't think he is worth anything near what was being asked for him, I don't think Utd will really feel the loss next season...

He has gone down a bit in my estimation after his antics over the last few months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

*shock horror*

Football fans in inconsistency scandal...

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Great player sorry to seem him leave not an out and out goalscorer but a great energy exactly what we should be encouraging. Should have kept him and sold Berbatov

Advertisement