Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor and Gmail

• 20-06-2009 1:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 498 ✭✭

I use to be able to forward my emails to my phone via 08xxxxxxx@mms.mymeteor.ie but now it's stopped working just like the sms one. Is it just me ? :mad:

Also my webmail with meteor is receiving a lot of spam is there a way to stop it ??

Thanks

Edit:
    The poll should read "Do you forward email to your phone via 08********@mms.mymeteor.ie ?

Do you use forward mail to your phone via 08********@mms.mymeteor.ie ? 6 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    66% 4 votes
    Not with Meteor
    33% 2 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

if you have a gmail account, why dont you install the Gmail App?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

... or use the email client on your handset to setup your Gmail account?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

Rsaeire wrote: »
    ... or use the email client on your handset to setup your Gmail account?
    if you have a gmail account, why dont you install the Gmail App?

that costs money...

and i hate gmail

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 498 ✭✭Pyro Boy

The mms to your phone was very handy and free . Anyone know why it's not working ? ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cpu-dude

Pyro Boy wrote: »
    I use to be able to forward my emails to my phone via 08xxxxxxx@mms.mymeteor.ie but now it's stopped working just like the sms one. Is it just me ? :mad:

Also my webmail with meteor is receiving a lot of spam is there a way to stop it ??

Thanks

Edit:
    The poll should read "Do you forward email to your phone via 08********@mms.mymeteor.ie ?
    When sending from my Gmail to my Meteor phone, I get the error:
    The original message was received at Thu, 2 Jul 2009 12:51:54 +0100
    from mail-fx0-f208.google.com [209.85.220.208]

The following addresses had permanent fatal errors
    <08xxxxxxxx@mms.mymeteor.ie>
    (reason: 550 Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable (Sender is not allowed))

Transcript of session follows
    ... while talking to mmsc1.mymeteor.ie.:
    >>> MAIL From:<email@gmail.com>
    <<< 550 Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable (Sender is not allowed)
    554 5.0.0 Service unavailable

Final-Recipient: RFC822; 08xxxxxxxx@mms.mymeteor.ie
    Action: failed
    Diagnostic-Code: SMTP; 550 Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable (Sender is not allowed)
    Last-Attempt-Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2009 12:51:54 +0100

Forwarded message
    To: 08xxxxxxxx@mms.mymeteor.ie
    Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2009 12:51:34 +0100
    Subject: Testing
    Testing

When sending a message from my phone to Gmail, it works coming from my 08xxxxxxxx@mms.mymeteor.ie address. Looks like Meteor have blocked Gmail forwards because I just did it with my work email and it sent no problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 165 ✭✭RtD

I used to use it a while back. Stopped working for me for a while then I realised that my inbox on the meteor account was full, I had never actually deleted any messages there, always gone straight to my gmail account instead. Log in to your Meteor email and see if it's near full.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

They stoped streaming for lots of people aswell as the email. Its not on really

Advertisement