Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do I want from Satnav?

Options
  • 20-06-2009 2:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭

Looking at buying a satnav in the next week for england, but have no idea what the different features/etc really add or do.

Just looking for a mobile version of google maps that can be updated with navteq maps, any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭garydubh

Google Maps and Navteq maps cannot be combined for the UK - Google is web mapping programme that uses teleatlas mapping - the competitor of Navteq.

The only way Google maps can be used mobile is on an a smart phone/computer based system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

Sorry, I didn't mean google maps itself, just that all I want is a fairly simple and easy to use mapping system analogous to google maps on a PC!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Try the NAVMAN site. They've got a few different models at good prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

What reason is there to pick anything but the cheapest with decent mapping? Aside from bigger screen like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭shu

I like my garmin 265w. Decent maps. Reads out road names, which isn't all that useful but can be quite entertaining at times ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement